Velvet Glove, Brass Fist
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A Vailian named Bertenno stole Rokowa's Fingers, a pair of expensive gloves belonging to the wizard Arkemyr. Fassina, the clerk at the Dark Cupboard, needs the gloves returned before she gets in deep water with her master. There's no telling where Bertenno will try to fence the gloves, but he has an appointment to keep at the Brass Citadel docks.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- As you enter The Dark Cupboard, you will witness Bertenno stealing the gloves and making a run for it. If you promise help, she'll ask you to track him down and explain why the constructs didn't remove his legs for stealing (really poor choice of lovers).
- Bertenno can be found in the dock area of The Brass Citadel. Approach him and demand the gloves. He has had no luck in fencing them successfully and is set to meet Hamuto Stoneheel in just a few minutes. During the conversation, Hamuto arrives on the scene and assumes you're a mercenary or negotiator hired to get Bertenno out of his debt. You can silence Bertenno with an aggressive option for a minor positive gain with RDC.
- You can offer to buy out Bertenno's debt, which constitutes 400 cp.
- You can let him take Bertenno away. Note that he will take the gloves, unless you buy them back or use Streetwise/Metaphysics/Insight 1 to convince him that taking Arkemyr's property is... unwise.
- You can fight for Bertenno, which will result in a drop in reputation with the RDC.
- Alternatively, you can pickpocket the gloves before you speak to Bertenno, and he will run away wondering where the gloves could have gone. If you do this, you won't have any option to keep the gloves.
- Return to Fassina.
- You can give her the gloves, ransom them back, or lie and keep them.
- Depending on how you resolve the quest, there are a lot of fun lies you can tell her if you want to play with her emotions.
- If she gets the gloves back, she will give you a discount on items in her shop.