Pillars of Eternity
Background[edit | edit source]
This small stretch of wilderness was once the location of a frontier outpost. Little remains of it now, slowly falling apart as nature reclaims it. The road to Gilded Vale remains well maintained, as a vital lifeline between the Dyrwoodan frontier and Readceras.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- The map is bisected into two halves by a river running down the center. You start in the north-eastern corner, with a plant and a dead body with supplies on it nearby, inviting you to rest.
- Past the small gorge lies the main part of Valewood. The north-western corner is occupied by a cave containing a rather dangerous bear, a dead body next to it, and a small camp with three xaurips (best left alone until you have more team mates).
- The south-west is where the road leading to Gilded Vale starts. Nonton is just over the stone bridge, trying to dismantle his camp in a hurry.
- The eastern part of the map beyond the gorge contains a small camp with one outlaw lookout, three bandits, and one Tenfrith. Taking all four at one time can be challenging for a single character, but is perfectly doable. Talking to Tenfrith reveals him to be a kidnapped cook from Gilded Vale.
- The ruined outpost near the world map exit has an interactable wall which can be climbed to find a body with Fulvano's Gloves. There's also a hidden stash in the walls with random loot.
- After you're done, head out the south-east exit to head on to the grand metropolis of Gilded Vale.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Nonton: near the bridge, after you have reached Gilded Vale you will find him in Gilded Vale.
- Tenfrith: in the bandit camp to the east. Once you've rescued him he will move to the Black Hound inn.
Map Markers[edit | edit source]
- Bandit Camp
- Bear Cave
- Xaurip Camp
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
Main Quest[edit | edit source]
Tasks[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Bear Cave[edit | edit source]
Exterior[edit | edit source]
During the Task Bounty: Warchief Iklak[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- 2x Fruit
- 2x Vegetable
Loose Brick: [Hidden stash in the ruins]
Tent: [When you start the quest: Vengeance from the Grave].
- 1x Folded Note
Tent: [Hidden stash in the Xaurip camp]