|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
|Aloth revealed that an Awakened soul, Iselmyr, dwells within him. He's asked for help in finding an expert who understands his predicament.|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
After Never Far from the Queen, Aloth will come clean, explaining that his soul is also awakened. His awakening however, is a presence named Iselmyr that shares his body and manifests from time to time to voice her opinions. Aloth says that he has heard there is an expert on awakenings in Defiance Bay, and that maybe they could help him, starting the quest.
- Travel to the Brackenbury district, enter the Sanitarium, and head downstairs.
- Talk to Bellasege and volunteer Aloth as a test subject, despite his hesitancy.
- Bellasege states that in order to draw out the 'interloper,' Aloth must answer personal questions. How you guide Aloth though this dialog can affect his ending.
|Dialog||Aloth Trait||Iselmyr Favor|
|"You can't let her make these decisions for you."||+1 Authority||-1 Favor|
|"I think she's trying to help you stand up for yourself."||+1 Autonomy||+1 Favor|
|"It's not clear yet whether this is a help or hindrance."||No change||No change|
- The player can either allow Aloth to steal Bellasege's notes, stay neutral, or tell him not to, concluding the quest.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This quest fails after the meeting with the duc during the main quest The Hermit of Hadret House, if you haven't completed the first objective.
- Aloth mentions that he has none of the memories of Iselmyr, and that judging by her accent and dialect, she is from much further in the past.
- Aloth mentions that when you first saw him having an argument with the villagers of The Gilded Vale, it was because of Iselmyr.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||Aloth revealed that an Awakened soul, Iselmyr, dwells within him. He's asked for help in finding an expert who understands his predicament.|
|1||Find an expert on Awakenings somewhere in Defiance Bay.|
|10001||Aloth mentioned that Defiance Bay has an entire institution devoted to the study of illnesses of the soul. This must be the same place that I saw in the Acolyte's vision.
I may be able to find someone there who knows something about Awakened souls.
|20001||It appears that Brackenbury Sanitarium is our best hope of finding help for Aloth.|
|20000||I've been told to look for someone named Bellasege. She works on the lower floor of the sanitarium.|
|20002||I'm ready to attend the duc's animancy hearing. If I'm going to help Aloth deal with Iselmyr, I should probably take him to find this expert at the sanitarium first. It's unclear how these hearings will affect the practice of animancy in Defiance Bay.|
|30000||After hearing about how Iselmyr stood up to Aloth's abusive father, I suggested that she may be more helpful than Aloth realizes. He acted skeptical, but I believe he's giving the matter some thought.|
|30001||After hearing about how Iselmyr takes control during delicate situations, I advised Aloth to be wary of her. He shouldn't give control to anyone else, not even a part of his soul. He seemed to agree.|
|30002||It seems that Iselmyr can be a source of both help and harm to Aloth. On the one hand, she steps in when he's under pressure, but on the other hand, she doesn't always resolve situations the way he'd like.|
|30003||We didn't find an animancer with the expertise Aloth needed. He'll just have to deal with this on his own.|