Twin Elms is a Glanfathan city named after a pair of ancient elm trees, built on top the site of ancient Engwithan ruin in the vast forests of Eír Glanfath. It is one of the major cities you can visit in Pillars of Eternity.
Overview[edit | edit source]
This city of Glanfathan tribes, was established between a pair of enormous ancient elm trees, a location chosen for its proximity to the Gods. Reminiscent of adra stones, the elm trees exhibit a strange properties of soul affinity, they are attended by a pair of delemgan sisters in vigil that predates the city itself.
Set on a southeastern shore of lake, it is built around a major ancient Engwithan ruin, its a unique mixture of ruined architecture of adra foundations with a layer of Viking-inspired Glanfathan buildings built into it. Oldest among the structures in the city is Teir Evron, the Hall of Stars, a stone tower whose pinnacle is used for astrology and divine communication.
The permanent settlement is used as gathering point for the semi-nomadic people. The lives of its populace are pretty much dominated by religion and temples.
Notable Locations[edit | edit source]
- Hall of Warriors – a large wooden structure that is used as a meeting place for visiting warriors within Twin Elms. It is here that the Glanfathan hunters gather and tell stories of past deeds, discuss upcoming events and hunts, and conduct friendly contests of physical prowess (arm wrestling, tests of endurance, etc.). Sometimes, a visiting anamfath will take residence in the hall when visiting the city.
- The Celestial Sapling – an Inn that is built into an enormous tree.
- Hearthsong – The gateway district into greater Twin Elms' districts. Houses Passage of the Six
- Oldsong, include The Nest an Engwithan ruin near Twin Elms.
- Elms' Reach – district with the tree.
- Burial Isle
- Elmshore – Wilderness area near the city
- Northweald – Wilderness area near the city
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Ancient Engwithan ruin near the city.