As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|The Passage of the Six is a longhouse in Hearthsong.|
Pillars of Eternity
Twin Elms is a Glanfathan city named after a pair of ancient elm trees, built on top the site of ancient Engwithan ruin in the vast forests of Eir Glanfath. It is one of the major cities you can visit in Pillars of Eternity.
Background[edit | edit source]
The holy city of Twin Elms was established between a pair of enormous ancient elm trees, where the Glanfathans first encountered the Builders. This meeting became the cornerstone of Glanfathan culture, turning them from nomads into settled people. Furthermore, it is the only area across the Eastern Reach where the Glanfathans can live among the Builders' relics, a unique privilege. The sacred city is divided into four districts, Hearthsong, the commons district, Oldsong, the temples, Elms' Reach, home of delemgan and druids, and the Burial Isle, which is the most sacred place in the city.
Reminiscent of adra stones, the elm trees exhibit a strange properties of soul affinity, they are attended by a pair of delemgan sisters in vigil that predates the city itself. The Elms themselves grew around a major ancient Engwithan ruin. The Glanfathans built their own houses from thatch and wood among the ruins. Oldest among the structures in the city is Teir Evron, the Hall of Stars, a stone tower whose pinnacle is used for astrology and divine communication.
The permanent settlement is used as gathering point for the semi-nomadic people. The lives of its populace are dominated by religion and temples. Six major Glanfathan tribes are responsible for governing the city: Keepers of the Stone, Stone Bramble, Fisher Crane, Three-Tusk Stelgaer, The Guided Compass and Twice-Split Arrows.
Locations[edit | edit source]
The city is divided into three districts, with an abandoned island and two adjacent wilderness areas:
- Hearthsong: The gateway district into greater Twin Elms' districts. Houses The Passage of the Six.
- Hall of Warriors: A large wooden structure that is used as a meeting place for visiting warriors within Twin Elms. It is here that the Glanfathan hunters gather and tell stories of past deeds, discuss upcoming events and hunts, and conduct friendly contests of physical prowess (arm wrestling, tests of endurance, etc.). Sometimes, a visiting anamfath will take residence in the hall when visiting the city.
- The Celestial Sapling: An Inn that is built into an enormous tree.
- Elms' Reach: district with the tree.
- Oldsong and The Nest: An Engwithan ruin near Twin Elms.
- Burial Isle: A long-abandoned Engwithan temple island.
- Elmshore: Wilderness area near the city
- Northweald: Wilderness area near the city
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Its a unique mixture of ruined architecture of adra foundations with a layer of Viking-inspired Glanfathan buildings built into it.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Ancient Engwithan ruin near the city.