True to Form
|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Pillars of Eternity Wiki by .|
|True to Form|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Leave him alive
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Hiravias has indicated a desire to speak with the druids that live in and around Twin Elms. He is no longer welcome in his own tribe due to their fear of his spiritform - the Autumn Stelgaer. He would welcome the insight of druids from other traditions - preferably traditions that do not have such a hostile reaction to the creature.
Walkthough[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Hiravias about his spiritshift after he joins your party.
- Go to Elms' Reach and talk to Tamrwn in the Golden Grove. He will tell you to read the tablets in Blood Sands.
- There are four tablets in Blood Sands. Read these and discuss them with Hiravias, then he will tell you that he wants to visit the Burial Isle. Note that your replies in conversation will determine whether Hiravias aligns himself with Wael or Galawain in the end.
|Upon Burial Isle, the two men meet again for the first time, though it was the last thing they did. The many-colored beast rent them both asunder. They were, in death, merged and made whole again.|
|Is not the water sacrificed unto the plant? And the plant sacrificed unto livestock? And livestock unto man?|
|Each generation, the anamfath must stand before the Autumnal beast in judgment. The wise endure, passing on their strength. The weak are eaten - their souls ripped to pieces and lost for all time - removing such weakness from the cycle. When the lesser soul is sacrificed to strengthen the greater soul, the whole of our family grows stronger.|
|As souls split into multitudes, many lives come from one. The Truest of power comes from sacrificing the shard to return its strength to the mother stone.|
- Find the Grotto Of Echoes in the west of the Burial Isle and speak to Scâthden. From here you will have two options:
- Convince him to leave you and Hiravias alone. This will require you to select the dialogue option reminding Hiravias of Wael, afterwards you will be presented with two subsequent dialogue checks. One for 12 Resolve, and one for 14 Resolve, Dexterity or Might. These must be passed if you wish to avoid a fight. This option will not drop Traitors' Merit even if you decide to kill him afterwards.
- Kill him and his 4 stelgaers. Upon looting his corpse you will find the unique pollaxe Traitors' Merit.
- Either way, after your confrontation with Scâthden the quest will be finished. If you choose to leave Scâthden alive, talking to him at any point afterwards will cause him to turn hostile.