Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
The village of Tikawara was recently founded by a small Huana tribe. Though the location has limited access to food, it is close to legendary Engwithan ruins known to the Huana as Poko Kohara. The tribe hopes to catch a break in the new location, as their old sites were constantly ravaged by pirates, slavers, and Rauataian scouts. The limited food supply is a major problem, offset by the presence of Vailian Trading Company trade routes in close proximity. It currently has 64 inhabitants (99% island aumaua and 1% mountain dwarf), with no major exports or imports. It's governed by the usual Huana tribal caste system and a ranga, with Ondra and Hylea worship most common.
During the colonization period, Tikawara was the site of the infamous "bear incident", when a total of ten colonists were torn apart by local bears.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You will immediately run into Vektor at the dock, who will describe his poor situation and start the The Storms of Poko Kohara.
- The trading post to the northeast is staffed by Himuihi and Vektor, who moves there after greeting you on the dock. Rongi the basket weaver is there too.
- Pekeho and the caged lagufaeth captured by Himuihi's warriors are on the opposite end. You can release them for a bit of havoc. Just up the stairs is Mukūmu and Tamau
- The Kuaru hut is near the center crossroads
- The chieftain's lodge is located in the upper-right, with Teāna nearby.
- The Tikawara shrine with Nairi is in the northwest.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Ranga Ruānu, the chieftain of the village
- Vektor, a Vailian dwarf down on his luck.
- Himuihi, the angry innkeeper
- Rongi, the basket weaver
- Mukūmu and Tamau, interrogator and interrogatee
- Teāna, the drummer
- Pekeho, a huntsman
- Wehata (Kuaru hut)
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Baubles of the Fin: Reward for freeing the lagufaeth during Broodmother's Fury.
- Mirri: Southwest end of the beach, near the arc.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire encyclopedia
- World map statistics.
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire encyclopedia: "Bears are widely distributed across the Deadfire Archipelago. They favor dens dug into hillsides where their preferred foods - murkberries, yalōa nuts, and ants - are plentiful. Slightly smaller than their Eastern Reach cousins, Deadfire bears are nonetheless vicious opponents when goaded to violence.
In the early years of Deadfire colonization, colonists were occasionally killed in bear attacks. The Tikawara bear incident is particularly infamous. Seven colonists died in the first attack, then three more the following night when the bear returned during a funeral vigil.
On occasion, Deadfire bears have been known to fall prey to tigers, adult females and their cubs being especially vulnerable. This is attributed in part to their inability to climb trees, unlike their counterparts across the sea."