The Storms of Poko Kohara
|The Storms of Poko Kohara|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Destroy the pillar
Restore the pillar
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A vein of luminous adra is rumored to lie among the uncharted ruins of Poko Kohara. Governor Lueva Alvari of the Vailian Trading Company has already sent one expedition to uncover this vein, but has received no report on their status. She would like you to find proof of the vein's existence and determine what happened to the first expedition, if possible.
The first expedition planned to stop at the island of Tikawara, southeast of Neketaka, where they hoped the locals might direct them on to Poko Kohara. If you speak with the villagers there, perhaps they can provide me with the same information.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This is a quest centering on Tikawara and Poko Kohara, determining the fate of luminous adra excavation efforts at the ruin as well as that of Tikawara. The quest can be received from the VTC Director or alternatively from Atsura, who's interested in undercutting his competition.
- Tikawara is located southeast of Neketaka and is a small, remote Huana village blighted by storms originating from Poko Kohara. You can learn of the location of the ruins as well as receive the key to the ruins by talking to Ranga Ruānu and promising to help.
- Vektor, the cook from the failed Vailian expedition, will explain that he believes the ranga is to blame and the Huana are working against him under suggestion from the conservative priests there.
- At any rate, make your way to the Poko Kohara ruins and from there down to the Engwithan waystation. You need to reach the deepest level and the base of the adra pillar in order to resolve the quest. Once there, interact with it and open the portal to The Adra Realm. Enter it to start the final phase of the quest.
- Approach the center area and watch as the sane souls come to the fore, divided between Anahāru and Beza. Anaharu will engage you in dialogue and explain - well, proclaim - that he is the cause of the storms that wreak havoc across the region. His plan is to dissuade the VTC from exploiting the adra on Poko Kohara and thus ensure the safety of Tikawara. Once he explains the plan, you can ask him if destroying the region saves Tikawara, use Beza's pages to point out the VTC's ruthlessness, or Diplomacy 4 to point out that Vailia will only be replaced by Rauatai. He will not relent - even when you point out that he's the one destroying Tikawara.
- However, you can promise to destroy the adra pillar to deny the Vailians a source of luminous adra. This has one of two possible results:
- Either you commit to it (saying I'll consider it is enough) and then you have to wipe out Beza and her team.
- Or you say you won't and have to kill the priest and his support.
- Alternatively, you can just attack instantly, skipping the dialogue, and arrive at the decision point, either destroying or restoring the pillar. Regardless of your choice, flee through the portal.
- Once you return to the village, you will be met by the ranga and the priestess.
- If you destroyed the pillar, the ranga will be angry at losing the possibility of making Tikawara a prosperous trading center, but the priestess will be glad that the pillar has been destroyed and that the VTC will no longer threaten their lands. See Nairi in the shrine for a 1,000 reward, and the ability to rest at the shrine.
- If you restored the pillar, the ranga will be thrilled for the future of Tikawara as an economic center of luminous adra exports, but the priestess will be displeased that you opened up Tikiwara to the threat of outsiders. See Ranga Ruānu for a further Major Positive reputation with Tikawara.
- You can later give Beza's pages either to:
- The priestess, Nairi, who will give you 2x Potion of Moderate Healing and 2x Potion of the Resilient Body, if asked for a reward.
- Ranga Ruānu to prove that the VTC were up to no good. Note that you can only do this if you did not destroy the pillar. With Good reputation with Huana, the VTC or with Honest 3, he will trust you, though he doesn't understand why - he promises to be cautious about the Vailians intents. If you ask for the papers back, he will be confrontational, but you can lie and say that you must return them to the company director.
- Vektor who will take it back to the VTC - for no reward.
- See Terms of Trade and Dim Prospects for further outcomes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Once the quest is finished, there will no longer be dust storms outside in Poko Kohara ruins.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- This quest was the core of the beta of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Instead of starting at Neketaka, though, the beta assumed you accepted the VTC assignment and deposited you straight at Tikawara.