The Smith's Shipment
From Pillars of Eternity Wiki
|The Smith's Shipment|
|Much ado about... Well, a lot of iron|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Return shipment to Tuatanu
The Smith's Shipment is a side quest in Pillars of Eternity.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- When you enter Gilded Vale head to the last enterable building in the south-east, the Black Hammer Smithy. You can also recognise the smith as it has a sign with an anvil outside of the door.
- Speak with Tuatanu.
- After leaving the blacksmith head east to Esternwood and then go south to head for Black Meadow.
- Once in Black Meadow go west and you will soon reach a campfire with several bandits around it, if they spot you they will turn hostile and combat will be initiated.
- Kill all the bandits (if you go around the camp so that it lies east of you, you can easily lure them into a group of trolls that are at the north-west of the map making the fight very easy) and search the crates and barrels around the campsite to find the smith's shipment.
- Return to Tuatanu for your reward.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A note found in the crate with the smith's shipment specifies that the bandits are under orders to deliver the shipment to a fence named Curnd, who is present in northeast of Ondra's Gift at night. This note allows the player to buy items from Curnd by using the passphrase "Yc Nybeon Eldfeon", but it is not possible to complete this quest by handing the shipment over to him.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Smith's Shipment|
|10000||Tuatanu, Gilded Vale's smith, has been expecting a shipment of supplies for a long time. He worries that something has befallen the wagon, which was traveling along the eastern road towards Gilded Vale.|
|1||Travel to the Black Meadow.|
|10001||Tuatanu has asked me to seek out one of the Black Hammer Smithery's supply wagons, which was expected to arrive in Gilded Vale several days ago. He suggested I might find some trace of it within the Black Meadow, which lies to the southeast of Gilded Vale.|
|2||Track down the shipment.|
|10002||I have arrived in the Black Meadow. Tuatanu had much to say on the dangers of this place, which teems with animals and outlaws alike. Searching along the roads may provide some sign of the wagon's fate, or even the shipment itself.|
|20000||I have found an overturned cart in the Black Meadow. It may be the wagon Tuatanu spoke of, but it's been cleared of supplies. Perhaps I can find more clues nearby.|
|20001||I came upon a group of bandits in the Black Meadow. They have been dealt with. Their camp is cluttered with stolen supplies. Perhaps I'll find Tuatanu's shipment in amongst the rest.|
|3||Return to Tuatanu.|
|10003||Tuatanu's fears were well-founded. I found the Black Hammer's shipment in the possession of a group of bandits haunting the northern edge of the meadow. It seems likely that Tuatanu's workers have met an untimely end. All that remains is to return the shipment, and claim my reward.|
|30000||✗||Someone critically important to this quest has died.|
|30001||✓||I brought Tuatanu his missing shipment. He was pleased to have it, though he regretted the loss of his workers. He has promised to give me access to better goods, now that he has the resources to make them.|