The Shipwright's Plight
|The Shipwright's Plight|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Solve Zamar's problems
Force Zamar to accept Principi terms
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Captain Radora owes money to Zamar the shipwright. Zamar's debts have left him vulnerable to a local pirate gang, and he seeks a way out of his troubles.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Head over to the shipyard in the Queen's Berth and talk to Zamar to learn that Captain Radora reneged on her payments. You are asked to track her down at The Wild Mare. However, when confronted, she will say that cutpurses ambushed her and stole Zamar's coin. The thugs got the drop on her in the northern alleys of Queen's Berth. With Streetwise 2 you can connect this gang to the pirates pressuring the old shipwright. Head to the alley to confront Cotta.
- You can always follow through with his plan, which results in a reputation gain with the Principi and a cut on all services.
- Cotta can be threatened with Intimidation 4; then, choose the option with Streetwise 6 (or also the option for Streetfighter). This is the only possible way to resolve the confrontation without a fight - note that this also results in a reputation loss with the Principi.
- Otherwise, the confrontation ends in blood, as you'll have to kill him to remove the threat. Killing him can be difficult at lower levels, as you're up against a well-balanced group of Principi with a powerful wolf companion. Upon disposing of them, return to Zamar.
- (This fight can easily dealt with by targeting the middle Powder Barrel of the three on the corner. The explosion will kill nearly all of the group and leave the farthest gang member back in the alley and possibly the wolf. Beware to approach the discussion with your highest reflex or HP party member)
- Afterwards, you can return to Radora to get [Vailian Trading Company: Moderate Positive reputation].