We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Sealed Missive
|The Sealed Missive|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Returning the Missive
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find the dying monk in the top right of Elmshore, who is surrounded by two Stelgaers.
- Take the sealed missive from him. Decide to:
- either put the unopened missive in your backpack.
- break open the missive and read a hint to a secret stash.
- with Dexterity 18, you can open the missive very, VERY carefully, read it and seal it again, so it can still be delivered as "unopened".
- Go to the monks in the Celestial Sapling in Heartsong:
- if you give them an unopened letter, you will receive Aila Braccia (small shield) and Twin Elms: Moderate Positive.
- if you say you found nothing, they will be disappointed, the quest ends without any further effects (no items, no reputation change).
- if you show the opened letter to the monks, they will attack you and you receive Twin Elms: Moderate Negative. You can loot Aila Braccia, a fine robe and approx. 200 cash. With Intellect 18 or Perception 16, you can avoid that and receive Aila Braccia and Twin Elms: Minor Positive.
- Find the hidden stash in the upper left Glanfathan Home of Elms' Reach in sneaking mode, containing Starlit Garb. This is totally independent of the quest: You can find it if you have never taken the quest from the dying monk, you can find it if you read the scroll (broken open or carefully resealed) or if not, and before or after delivering the scroll to the monks in the inn.
- optional: You can kill the monks afterwards, without reputation change and noone else in the inn will become aggressive. You can loot Aila Braccia a second time (since this is a unique item, this can be seen as bug) as well as a fine robe and some 200 cash. Also this allows to reach for the some 200 in the cabinet behind them, which otherwise would be observed as stealing.