|The Phylactery's Promise [WM2]|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Make a pact with Llengrath
This quest can be started when you have completed both, the Siege of Crägholdt and The Iron Flail. A dead assassin shows up in Stalwart, just west of Hamond's Emporium. Reading her soul enables access to a marshy area called Mowrghek Îen.
Taking Concelhaut down puts the Watcher in the sights of another powerful archmage. Confrontation is only a matter of time.
- Once in Mowrghek Îen, you must fight through a village of cultists in order to confront their leader, who turns out to be a powerful wizard; the archmage Llengrath.
- The player has two options: fight Llengrath, her flunkies, and her two Bog Dragons, or cut a deal with her.
- Dealing with her peacefully requires either Resolve 17 or having obtained unique knowledge to share. (For other options see the talk page – or simply add them here.)
- Being a Wizard will enable the peace option.
- Note: actually (in v3.06 at least), the required Resolve score is 20; Other options include honest 2 and stoic 2: (source)
- If the player chooses to fight, however, be prepared for a difficult battle. Llengrath herself is a powerful wizard, but the real threat comes from fighting two dragons at once.
- Defeating Llengrath yields her unique grimoire (containing five spells which are otherwise unobtainable), as well as 4 Bog Dragon Scales, assorted loot, and 15 Stronghold Prestige.
- Reaching a peaceful agreement rewards the Watcher with a unique talent, Mental Prowess, and adds 5 Stronghold Security.
The battle is significantly easier if one or more of the three powerful opponents are disabled. To that end, note the following resistances and immunities (or lack thereof, in the case of stunning).