The Phylactery's Promise
|The Phylactery's Promise [WM2]|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Make a pact with Llengrath
This quest can be started when you have completed both, the Siege of Crägholdt and The Iron Flail. A dead assassin shows up in Stalwart, just west of Hamond's Emporium. Reading her soul enables access to a marshy area called Mowrghek Îen.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Taking Concelhaut down puts the Watcher in the sights of another powerful archmage. Confrontation is only a matter of time.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- The Watcher must fight through a village of cultists in order to confront their leader, who turns out to be the Archmage, Llengrath.
- The player has two options: fight Llengrath, her flunkies and her two Bog Dragons, or cut a deal with her.
- Dealing with her peacefully requires either Resolve 17 or having obtained unique knowledge to share. (For other options see the talk page – or simply add them here.)
- Note: actually (in v3.06 at least), the required Resolve score is 20; Other options include honest 2 and stoic 2: (source)
- If the player chooses to fight, however, be prepared for a difficult battle. Llengrath herself is a powerful wizard, but the real threat comes from fighting two dragons at once.
- Defeating Llengrath yields her unique Grimoire, containing five spells which are otherwise unobtainable, as well as 4 bog dragon scales and assorted loot and adds Prestige 10 to the Stronghold.
- Reaching a peaceful agreement rewards the Watcher with a unique talent, Mental Prowess, and adds Security 5 to the Stronghold.