The Master's Tools
|The Master's Tools|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
If you complain about scouts' attack
|“||Must see how Od Nua makes adra men. Adra... shells, yes? Animal does not need to kill adra men. Just needs shell. Also needing part from machine. Part like a heart of the machine. Adra and shining metal. Last piece is adra. Not the adra from walls. Is different. Pure. Hard to find. Tcharek is hoping there is some below.||”|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Tcharek, leader of the vithrack expedition to the Endless Paths, has run into a bit of a snag with his research. He desires to bring back the secret of growing and harnessing adra back to his people, but the animats are making that a particularly difficult proposition. The Watcher is asked for assistance.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- When you walk into the vithrack nest on level 12 of the Endless Paths of Od Nua, their leader Tcharek talks to you and asks you to find certain adra artifacts for him, which he wants to study to learn the secrets of growing and shaping adra.
- Make your way to the staircase down to level 13. Kestorik, the leader of Tcharek's scouts, will hold you up on your way there. If you tell him that you're on a mission from Tcharek and aren't rude to him, he'll let you pass peacefully.
- Once on Level 13 below, find the following three items:
|Ancient Engwithan Machine Part||Animat Shell||Gleaming Adra Fragment|
|loot from the Broken Machine in the trapped room just north of the entrance||loot from the Cracked Animat Armor in the center-north room||loot from the Crystal in the center-east room|
- Go back up to level 12. If you didn't fight Kestorik earlier, he confronts you once again. He wants to take the artifacts and let Tcharek think he was the one who found them. Avoiding a fight requires INT 15, RES 16, or DEX 18, or you can simply lie that you don't have all the artifacts yet, but it may be preferable to fight him, because then you can get the gems from Tcharek (see below) as well as the loot from Kestorik and his guards, and optionally arrest him and put him in your dungeons.
- Report back to Tcharek. He rewards you with the unique dagger Drawn in Spring and 2000 .
- Krivi will now do business with you. He sells exceptional armor, scrolls, and gems.
Also, the grimoire The Leaves of Essence on the table beside him can now be taken with it not being considered stealing.