The Inner Mysteries
|The Inner Mysteries [FS]|
|File:LAX3 The Inner Mysteries.png|
The Black Isles
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Fyonlecg, a powerful wizard, has descended into the titanic living body of the deity Wael. If I'm to prevent Maura's murderer from bending the entity to his will, I will have to locate him before he can do further harm.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- The quest is the final stage of the DLC and requires the player to first complete both wings of the facility. The goal is to enter the lowest levels of the Temple and find the Oracle. The first step are the Upper Bowels, accessed through the Scriptorium, after sacrificing a memory to the machine in the center of the room.
- The quest is accomplished by sweeping through the entire level and killing everything in the path, then deactivating the eyeballs that block the path to Fyonlecg. The order in which this can be done is dictated by the area's general shape and will require completing each of the chambers. The passage below is located in the center.
- At the Observation Center in the upper left, the player has to eliminate the Observers and their assistants, then destroy the polyps to open one part of the way (there's also Blinky to collect).
- The Archives Subbasement contains spores and the player has to either fight them or they'll open the way of their own volition, depending on whether the player fought or defeated them. Without their help, they need to solve the puzzle, which requires placing the correct books on edited Eoran history on the lecterns:
- The History of Eora, Volume XI: The Rediscovery of Yezuha
- The gods lost them, but we will find them again.
- The History of Eora, Volume XIV: The Vanishing of Godlikes
- They think their difference is a blessing when it is but a brand.
- The History of Eora, Volume XIII: The Last Ice Age
- Death comes for all in time.
- The History of Eora, Volume XV: The Throne of Woedica:
- In their fear, they will give her power and ask for safety. But she will give them only orders.
- The History of Eora, Volume XI: The Rediscovery of Yezuha
- The newly unlocked room will contain The Bowels Alchemist assisted by a number of Dreambeasts. Loot the potion shelves on the workbench to find the Antiseptic Cream, which will partially open the Passage to the Depths in the center after using it on the nearby pit.
- Taking the passage at that point is lethal still. The player has to visit the Excavation site to the south to get the alchemical charge and use it to open the passage by blowing up the nearby duct. Entering the Passage will render the Upper Bowels inaccessible and lead to the final confrontation with Fyonlecg and the Oracle of Wael. He will be absorbed by it and drop The Mask of the Weyc, then combat will begin immediately.
- The Oracle is much weaker this time around, except for Might and Intellect afflictions. Absorbing Fyonlecq turns the Oracle into a heavy spellcaster, aided by a throng of supporting monsters including the Scavenger of Visions (which should be a priority target, since it's a secondary heavy caster). Arcane Reflections are recommended to keep the damage manageable. When the Oracle is down to Near Death, petrifying it will basically knock it out of the fight until it can be finally killed.
- Defeating the Oracle will cause Wael to appear and give the player the chance to decide what to do with the body below the Black Isles. The decisions all affect the ending, and can have additional consequences. Giving the body to Concelhaut will effectively wipe out the Circle as they try to contain him, while giving the body back to Wael will result in him killing Eothas at Ukaizo (Note: This decision will prevent any choices made during the last conversation with Eothas from appearing in the final ending).
- Finally, after the confrontation the player can change their mind and kill the Oracle if they haven't killed it before. It will drop the Ring of Clenched Muscle.
- The DLC is finished at this point, with the Temple of Revelation conquered and the mystery of the final titan resolved.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Inner Mysteries|
|10000||Fyonlecg, a powerful wizard, has descended into the titanic living body of the deity Wael. If I'm to prevent Maura's murderer from bending the entity to his will, I will have to locate him before he can do further harm.|
|1||Enter Wael's body.|
|10001||My offering has earned me entrance into the body of Wael. I can now pursue Fyonlecg.|
|2||Flush out Wael's bile.|
|10002||Fyonlecg descended further into the body through a canal that has since been filled with acidic bile. If I'm to find him, I must first clear the way. Perhaps I can disrupt the flow of bile into the channel.|
|20000||I found a large - and very resilient - conduit pumping bile into the central channel. Perhaps I can find a way to destroy it.|
|20010||I've acquired an alchemical charge used for demolishing the volcanic stone of the Black Isles. Certainly it will suffice to destroy the bile conduit.|
|20003||I destroyed the conduit in the southern bowels through the cunning use of bombs.|
|20001||A large eye directs the flow of acidic bile in a chamber in the western bowels. I must find some way to disrupt its efforts.|
|20004||I neutralized the giant eyeball.|
|20002||The body pumps bile from a reservoir in a chamber to the east. There's nothing to be done about the reservoir itself - but perhaps I can find a way to alter the bile.|
|20006||I've acquired a bottle of antiseptic salve. If I combine it with something else, it might effectively disrupt a body's natural processes.|
|20007||One of the caretakers' notes mentioned that combining antiseptic salve with a fungal ingredient can result in a potent clotting agent.|
|20008||I possess both the antiseptic salve and the fungal ingredient. If I add them to the reservoir in the eastern chamber, they should clog the ducts.|
|20005||I clotted the bile in the eastern reservoir.|
|20009||TEMP There are explosives set up around the membrane, but they lack a detonator. It must be elsewhere.|
|3||Descend into the Heart of Mystery.|
|10003||I've cleared the canal into the depths of its dangerous bile. I can now follow Fyonlecg into the Heart of Mystery.|
|9||Offer the correct memory to the Scriptorium's Trephine.|
|10009||To access the body of Wael, I must submit the memory I found in the Collections to the Trephine in the Scriptorium.|
|10||Face the Oracle of Wael.|
|10010||Fyonlecg wrested control from the Oracle of Wael, somehow transferring his own soul into the eye-covered monstrosity. Now I must survive his onslaught - the battle to determine the fate of Wael's body.|
|30000||I destroyed the Oracle of Wael and, in doing so, killed the god's titanic body.|
|30001||I spared the Oracle of Wael. The god's titanic body should slip back into slumber and remain undisturbed.|
|30002||I convinced Wael to use his titanic body to aid me in my hunt for Eothas.|
|30004||I killed the Oracle of Wael and surrendered the god's material body to the spores of the Archives.|
|30005||I spared the Oracle of Wael and surrendered the god's massive body to the archmage Concelhaut.|