Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
The Gullet represents the slums of the great city of Neketaka. Located deep within the island, in the shadow of the splendor of Serpent's Crown or Periki's Overlook, the Gullet is suspended against the massive waterfall that dominates the center of the island. The slums of Neketaka are home to both the Roparu caste of the city's Huana as well as myriad colorful and unsavory figures. Built in a great chasm at the heart of Neketaka, it is where much of the city's refuse, literal and figurative, comes to rest.
The Gullet is home to the Roparu in Neketaka, the lowest caste in Huana society. By Huana tradition, food is distributed from the highest caste to the lowest, as the queen sees fit. This uneven distribution of resources, coupled with an influx of refugees from other islands in the Deadfire, is starving the Roparu to death.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- As you enter the area, you're treated to an example of how the justice system in the Gullet works: Botaro is dragged to a rusty cage over the abyss, to be dumped into the Old City below. You can gain access to the city by talking to Overseer Hitenga and using Diplomacy 3, Survival 5, or paying 200 cp.
- Notably, if it's your first visit at the The Hole, you will be accosted by thugs demanding your money at night. You can intimidate them with Intimidate 3, Streetwise 3, or Bluff 3, pay 50 cp, or use your status as a godlike/Bleak Walker. Otherwise, it's time for a fight.
- Once you reach a high enough positive reputation with the Gullet, you will be contacted by a cloaked messenger, who will invite you to meet Dereo the Lean
- Otherwise, you can explore the area. The hut at the central span belongs to Biha, who witnessed Botaro's execution and further All Aboard.
- In the northwestern corner you'll come across Rakara, a beggar, who will ask for money or scraps. It also contains exits to The Narrows and other districts of Neketaka.
- The southeastern corner contains the local drinking establishment, affectionately named The Hole.
- Finally, the southwestern corner holds Enoi's home, Thelys' home, and Pitli's sanctuary.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Ickis: Southwestern corner.