Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Fisherman's Penance
|The Fisherman's Penance [WM1]|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
The Fisherman's Penance is a quest in Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part I.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Galvino to receive the quest and learn of his desire to take revenge on the man who wronged him. Then travel back to Stalwart and sneak into the fishery to search it.
- There are two ways to go about this. One option is to wait till nighttime and sneak in while the fishery is empty. The other is to go during the daytime, but anyone in the fishery at that time will automatically become hostile when picking up the bracelet. You will incur moderate negative reputation for Stalwart for every enemy killed in the fishery,
- You can find Arda's bracelet in the back on the shelves, which will reveal Grynde's past and his habit of stealing from other villagers to support his habit... And the fact that he killed his sister when she tried to make him leave Stalwart.
- Grynde will walk in with several fishermen, including Lurgolder, if you saved him. The bracelet allows you to confront Grynde over killing his sister. At this point, you can:
- Give him the bracelet, allowing him to continue his work (as he tries to honor his sister's memory through work) (Stalwart Village: Minor Positive reputation).
- Tell him to come clean with Stalwart with Resolve 16.
- Manipulate him into coming clean with Perception 15.
- Demand a bribe.
- Attack and kill him.
- After all's said and done, return to Galvino.