Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
The Final Maneuver
|The Final Maneuver|
Neketaka - Serpent's Crown
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Assassinate the Queen
Assassinate the Prince
The Coming Storm
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The hazanui would like the Watcher's help with something, but she will not give details unless they commit fully to aiding the Royal Deadfire Company.
If the Watcher cements his alliance with her, there will likely be no turning back.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- After you definitively commit to supporting the Royal Deadfire Company, thereby failing all other faction alliance quests, Hazanui Karū tells you what you need to do to gain her support: assassinate Queen Onekaza II in order to allow the Rauatai to take over the archipelago. If at this point you try to back out, the quest fails and everybody in the Brass Citadel turns hostile.
- Leave Imperial Command to begin the action. All city districts except Serpent's Crown are now inaccessible, as the Rauataians will be shelling Vailian ships and VTC infrastructure to provide a diversion.
- Sneak or murder your way through Serpent's Crown and the palace to reach the queen on the palace rooftop. The discussion inevitably concludes with a battle with the queen, her tigers and guards. Among the loot is the queen's Serpent Crown. Alternatively, you can kill Prince Aruihi and report to the hazanui.
- Leave the palace and return to the Brass Citadel.
- Karū then introduces you to your new means of travel: the Blade of Takōwa, a Rauatai submarine. This completes the quest as well as the overarching main quest The Coming Storm.
- Tekēhu won't accept your actions in this quest. He will leave your company, at the beginning of the quest if he is part of the party, or else soon after its completion. In the latter case you can still briefly talk to him in the city, though, and strip him of any valuable equipment. He'll leave you Tekēhu's Farewell. Pallegina will be compelled to return to the Vailian Republics as well, leaving you down two party members.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Final Maneuver|
|10000||I have finalized my alliance with the Royal Deadfire Company, and they are ready to seize control of the Deadfire Archipelago. Hazanui Karū has asked me to assassinate Queen Onekaza.|
|40001||Hazanui Karū has a final request for me.|
|1||Speak with Hazanui Karū at Imperial Command in the Brass Citadel.|
|10001||The hazanui would like my help with something, but she will not give me details unless I commit fully to aiding the Royal Deadfire Company.
If I cement my alliance with her, there will likely be no turning back.
|2||Infiltrate Kahanga Palace in Serpent's Crown.|
|10002||Hazanui Karū asked me to assassinate Queen Onekaza II. However, she warned me that the guards in Serpent's Crown will be on high alert.|
|3||Assassinate Queen Onekaza II at the palace.|
|10003||The queen is most likely on the rooftop, surrounded by guards.|
|4||Report to Hazanui Karū at the Brass Citadel docks.|
|10004||Queen Onekaza II is dead. The hazanui will want to know that she is now in control of Neketaka.|
|20002||I checked the throne room after killing the queen. The prince is gone.|
|5||Report to Hazanui Karū at the Brass Citadel docks.|
|10005||I killed Prince Aruihi. It's unlikely the commotion went unnoticed - or that the queen has waited around to discover the cause.
In any case, the hazanui will want to hear about this. One dead royal should be as good as the next.
|20003||I made my way to the roof after killing the prince, but the queen was gone.|
|30000||The queen is dead and the Royal Deadfire Company has taken control of the palace.|
|30001||The prince is dead and the queen has fled, leaving the Royal Deadfire Company in control of the palace.|
|30002||I refused to participate in the hazanui's coup. She attacked, and I'm now an enemy of the Royal Deadfire Company.|
|30003||The Royal Deadfire Company wants nothing more to do with me, so I won't be reporting back to them anytime soon.|