The Drunk Sailor
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Rum-Dumb Riggere's freedom can be achieved through a number of means:
- Riggere's freedom can be purchased from Savia for 400.
- Assisting Savia with the task, Restoring Order, allows you to negotiate a discounted price of 300.
- The cell door can be lockpicked with Mechanics 3. You can find a couple of lockpicks in a hidden straw pile towards the back of the left most cell (requires at least 14 Perception to reveal).
- The Port Maje Jail Key can be acquired by pick-pocketing Savia (requires at least 1 Sleight of Hand). It is advised to unlock the door while in stealth as unlocking the door within Savia's view will turn her hostile.
- A Cinder Bomb can be placed on the wall outside of the Port Maje jail. Cinder bombs are available from Norgund on the upper floor of The Kraken's Eye.
- Lastly, you can just kill Savia and loot the key from her.
- If you unlock the door through illegal means without opening it, then bail him out legally with money, Savia will say "What? I know I locked this..." when she opens the door.
- Savia rests away from the cell at certain time.
- Bailing Rum-Dumb Riggere out means you have to pay his wage 2 per day even though your ship's still broken.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Drunk Sailor|
|10000||Rum-Dumb Riggere, a sailor imprisoned in Port Maje's jail, has offered to join my ship's crew if I free him.|
|40001||I broke Rum-Dumb Riggere out of jail. He wants to meet me outside.|
|40002||I killed Savia and broke Rum-Dumb Riggere out of jail. He's offered to join my crew in exchange for helping him escape the island and any blame for the constable's death.|
|1||Free Rum-Dumb Riggere.|
|10001||Riggere said that Commander Savia will free him if his fine is paid. Unfortunately, he's racked up a fine of 400 pires.|
|20000||Riggere said that Savia carries the jail cell key on her person.|
|20001||It might be possible to destroy the stonework around the outside of jail window to free Riggere. It'll be noisy, but effective.|
|20002||Norgund, a merchant on the upper floor of The Kraken's Eye in Port Maje, trades in the kind of items I might need to break Riggere out of his cell.|
|20003||I killed Savia. Taking the jail cell key from her body and freeing Riggere should be my next step.|
|20004||I acquired the jail cell key from Savia.|
|5||Meet up with Rum-Dumb Riggere.|
|10005||Now that he's free, Rum-Dumb Riggere wants to meet me by the market in Port Maje.|
|30000||I paid Rum-Dumb Riggere's fine and gave him his freedom.|
|30001||I broke Rum-Dumb Riggere out of jail.|
|30002||I used an explosive to destroy the bars on Riggere's jail cell window. He made his escape in the resulting chaos.|
|30003||I killed Savia and broke Rum-Dumb Rigger out of jail.|