The Coming Storm
|The Coming Storm|
|File:PE2 The Coming Storm.png|
He Waits in Fire
The City Lost to Time
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
In this phase of the main quest, you need to ally yourself with one of the four factions in order to be able to reach Eothas at Ukaizo. The quest concludes after you finish the final faction quest of your chosen ally.
If you manage to antagonize all four factions, you can try to reach Ukaizo on your own.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This quest effectively binds together the four mutually-exclusive faction quests, where you get to decide who gets Ukaizo. The quests are mutually exclusive, obviously, and when you talk to the faction leaders, you will be asked to commit to their quest. You can usually back away if you have good reputation with other factions.
- If you choose to go at it alone, you will need the Dragonwing Sails and the Blackwood Hull. Otherwise, the storm of Ondra's Mortar will sink your ship.
- Taking Out the Traders (Huana): Return Ukaizo to them and distract the companies by triggering war between them. To achieve this, the Queen wants you to blow up the powder store at the Brass Citadel and pin the blame on the Vailian Trading Company.
- The Final Maneuver (Royal Deadfire Company): Hazanui Karū is ready to seize control of the archipelago by assassinating the Queen.
- A Vote of No Confidence and Sabotage at the Brass Citadel (Vailian Trading Company): The VTC plans to eliminate Rauatai from the game... Right after the matter of directorship is decided.
- Honor Among Thieves and A Dance with Death (Príncipi sen Patrena): First, the matters of leadership need to be attended to, then you can try reaching Ukaizo using an undead galleon.
- Of course, the gods will elect to meet you when you set sail again. They will be having a family feud, particularly between Woedica and Magran. The argument covers the steps the gods should take against Eothas, including the nuclear option of possessing their godlike children or sucking them dry to empower themselves. Then they will task the Watcher with entering Ukaizo - and warn against the Guardian of Ukaizo left behind by Engwith, their progenitors. Then you're dismissed, as usual, after they courteously ask for your opinion.