The Coming Storm
|The Coming Storm|
|File:PE2 The Coming Storm.png|
Neketaka - Serpent's Crown
He Waits in Fire
The City Lost to Time
In this phase of the main quest, you need to ally yourself with one of the four factions in order to be able to reach Eothas at Ukaizo. The quest concludes after you finish the final faction quest of your chosen ally.
If you manage to antagonize all four factions, you can try to reach Ukaizo on your own.
- This quest effectively binds together the four mutually-exclusive faction quests, where you get to decide who gets Ukaizo. The quests are mutually exclusive, obviously, and when you talk to the faction leaders, you will be asked to commit to their quest. You can usually back away if you have good reputation with other factions.
- Taking Out the Traders (Huana): Return Ukaizo to them and distract the companies by triggering war between them. To achieve this, the Queen wants you to blow up the powder store at the Brass Citadel and pin the blame on the Vailian Trading Company.
- The Final Maneuver (Royal Deadfire Company): Hazanui Karū is ready to seize control of the archipelago by assassinating the Queen.
- A Vote of No Confidence and Sabotage at the Brass Citadel (Vailian Trading Company): The VTC plans to eliminate Rauatai from the game... Right after the matter of directorship is decided.
- Honor Among Thieves and A Dance with Death (Príncipi sen Patrena): First, the matters of leadership need to be attended to, then you can try reaching Ukaizo using an undead galleon.
- If you choose to go at it alone, you will need the Dragonwing Sails and the Blackwood Hull. Otherwise, the storm of Ondra's Mortar will sink your ship.
- Yet another option is to complete A Dance with Death up to the point of obtaining the undead galleon, and then proceed to Ukaizo without reporting back to the Principi leader at Dunnage. Since you do not ally with the Principi unless you report back to Dunnage with the undead galleon, this method will allow you to travel to Ukaizo without allying with any of the factions.
- Gods meeting
- The gods will elect to meet you when you set sail again. They will be having an argument, particularly between Woedica and Magran. The argument covers the steps the gods should take against Eothas, including the option of possessing their godlike children or killing them to empower themselves. Then they will task the Watcher with entering Ukaizo - and warn against the Guardian of Ukaizo left behind by Engwith, their progenitors. Then you're dismissed after they ask for your opinion.
|0||The Coming Storm|
|10000||Eothas has crossed beyond Magran's Teeth and into Ondra's Mortar. He makes for the lost island of Ukaizo.
Only a capable ship could survive the journey through Ondra's Mortar. One of the great powers vying for dominance over the Deadfire might assist in this goal. If all else fails, outfitting the ship independently would be better preparation than none at all.
|1||Forge alliances or prepare your ship for a hard voyage.|
|10001||No doubt the local powers will want to put me to work in support of their cause to reach Ukaizo. Committing to any of them is sure to anger the others in the end.
I could also go it alone, but [Player Ship] won't survive the journey without significant upgrades - I'd need the very best hull and sails available in the Deadfire.
|20000||I've made an enemy of the Huana royal family. Allying myself with them is no longer an option.|
|20010||The Vailian Trading Company is not willing to work with me. Our respective priorities are too far at odds.|
|20011||After everything I've done to harm them, working with the Royal Deadfire Company is no longer an option.|
|20012||The Príncipi are unwilling to collaborate with me on the journey to Ukaizo.|
|20001||Queen Onekaza has expressed an interest in joining forces. Working for her would mean giving Ukaizo back to the Huana.|
|20015||If I ally with the Huana, I can expect watershapers to accompany my ship on the journey to Ukaizo. Their combined power should be enough to open a path through the storms.|
|20002||Onekaza has asked me to blow up Rauatai's powderhouse and implicate the Vailians. This would solidify my union with the Huana once and for all.|
|20003||I can find the Vailian Trading Company headquarters in Queen's Berth.|
|20004||The headquarters of the Huana are at the Kahanga Palace in Serpent's Crown.|
|20005||The Royal Deadfire Company's headquarters are at Imperial Command in the Brass Citadel.|
|20006||The Príncipi sen Patrena organize their forces at Balefire Beacon on the island of Dunnage.|
|20007||I've agreed to help Hazanui Karū and the Royal Deadfire Company overthrow the Huana and seize control of Neketaka. In exchange, they'll help me reach Ukaizo.|
|20008||If I help the Príncipi deal with Lucia Rivan and acquire her ship, the Floating Hangman, they'll formalize an alliance with me and help me reach Ukaizo.|
|20009||The Vailian Trading Company wants me to destroy the Royal Deadfire Company's powderhouse in the Brass Citadel. If I do this for them, they'll ally with me and help me reach Ukaizo.|
|20016||I've found a Blackwood Log. It may allow me to craft a hull that can travel through Ondra's Mortar.|
|20013||I've acquired the Blackwood Hull. While it won't make my ship indestructible, its strength will help me survive the storms around Ondra's Mortar.|
|20014||I've acquired the Dragonwing Sails. Their unmatched toughness will withstand the fierce winds of Ondra's Mortar better than any other in the Deadfire.|
|30000||[Player Ship] will travel with the aid of the Kahanga throne. The Huana are my allies now.|
|30001||With the support of the Vailian Trading Company, [Player Ship] will soon be outfitted with the means to reach Ukaizo.|
|30002||I have allied with the Royal Deadfire Company. The desire to reach Ukaizo is a mutual one.|
|30003||The Príncipi sen Patrena have agreed to assist my voyage to Ukaizo.|
|30004||I made it to Ukaizo without the aid of the Deadfire's competing powers.|