The Battle of Yenwood Field
|The Battle of Yenwood Field|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Defeat Lord Gathbin
A Return to Court
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Lord Gathbin is assembling an army of mercenaries in an attempt to wrest control of Caed Nua from the Watcher by force. The Watcher will need to raise their own army to stop him. To fight Lord Gathbin's forces, Marshal Forwyn will assist in the logistics of it all, coordinating things at the Great Hall in Caed Nua.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Preparations[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Marshal Forwyn. To maximize your chance of success, you must gain as much support as you can:
- All hirelings employed at the start of the battle will fight alongside you. Korgrak may be helpful here.
- Depending on your side choice, a contingent of the Crucible Knights, the Dozens or the Doemenels will assist you (requires a reputation of ?? at battle startVerify).
- Ogres from Matron Beregan (requires peaceful solution of the Ogre Matron).
- Readceran Pathfinders from Adaryc.
- Pay 10,000 for an extra group of mercenaries.
- When you feel ready, start the battle. You can choose to come along or travel for yourself to Yenwood Field (which will appear on the world map to the east of Caed Nua).
Scripted event[edit | edit source]
The first part of the battle is a scripted event.
- The more groups of supporting troops you can acquire, the more of Lord Gathbin's forces are defeated during the dialogue, and the less you have to fight yourself afterwards. To manage your assault correctly
- Use Archers against the Bleak Walkers,
- Ogres against the Battlemages,
- Crucible Knights / Dozens / Doemenels against Berserkers.
- This will cause his regulars to flee from battle.
- Emery, if she's still alive, you managed to impress her during a Return to Court, and you're winning the battle, will join you by betraying Lord Gathbin.
Combat sequence[edit | edit source]
Your party, your hirelings, and many of your soldiers will then face off against Gathbin and his remaining forces in combat.
After the fight, you will be asked to forward some of your tax income to Earl Bademar. If you do so, your tax harvest will be diminished (17.5% of your keep profit every turn will from now on be given to the Earl), but if you object, you will receive Defiance Bay: Extraordinary Negative.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Battle of Yenwood Field|
|10000||Lord Gathbin is assembling an army of mercenaries in an attempt to wrest control of Caed Nua from me by force. I'll need to raise my own army to stop him.|
|1||Help Marshal Forwyn raise an army at Caed Nua.|
|10001||To fight Lord Gathbin's forces, I'll need an army of my own. Marshal Forwyn will assist me in the logistics of it all, coordinating things at the Great Hall in Caed Nua. He'll wait there until I command my army to march to Yenwood Field.|
|20000||My allies in the Knights of the Crucible will send some of their veteran knights to aid my infantry - assuming I remain in their good favor until the battle.|
|20001||My allies in the Dozens will send some of their veteran arquebusiers to aid my archers - assuming I remain in their good favor until the battle.|
|20002||My allies in the Doemenels will send some of their assassins to aid my infantry - assuming I remain in their good favor until the battle.|
|20003||Matron Beregan has promised to send some of her ogres my way to aid my infantry.|
|20004||Adaryc will be sending a contingent of longbowmen to aid my archers in the battle against Lord Gathbin.|
|2||Meet your army at Yenwood Field and defeat Lord Gathbin.|
|10002||Your army is marshaling at Yenwood Field. Meet them there to lead them against Lord Gathbin's forces.|
|3||Defeat Lord Gathbin.|
|10003||Lord Gathbin and his elite troops are coming for you directly. This is your opportunity to kill him and rout his army once and for all.|
|30000||Lord Gathbin is dead and his claim to Caed Nua is ended.|