|Biography and appearance|
|Game||Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire|
|Attributes||Mig: 12 Con: 10 Dex: 14 Per: 10 Int: 17 Res: 15|
|Talents||Wave Walker: Immunity to Water, Fire, and Slog Zone attacks|
Sleight of Hand 1
Background[edit | edit source]
A powerful aumaua godlike with anemone-like glowing hair, Tekehu is a young, talented member of the Watershapers Guild of the Huana, considered touched by Ngati. He has a wealth of magical talent, good training, and unfortunately, not a whole lot of humility. As such, he constantly gets on the nerves of Guildmaster Mairu with his antics, like trying to get to the Palace without an appointment and especially skipping lectures. It is a natural result of a life without friction or challenge resulting from his status and prominence among the Huana. Ondra would have the Watcher provide him with guidance, to realize his natural potential and find the strength within.
Tekehu belongs to the Kahanga tribe, the most powerful of Huana tribes and the one currently at the helm of the tribal confederation. His particular people come from Etua, a small island not marked on any map. Although he considers Ngati to be his true mother, he remembers his biological parents. His mother tans boar hides, while the father trades in pearls and opals available on their island in abundance. His birth was accompanied by a terrific storm that tore through the village and only stopped when he made it to the midwife's basket. His childhood was filled with swimming and learning from his father how to dive for pearls and azata snails. His coming of age coincided with the intensifying efforts by Rauatai and the Republics to subjugate the Deadfire Archipelago. As Ngati's chosen, Tekehu was considered an omen to all of Huana and fast-tracked into the Watershapers Guild.
He continued his education and training since then, though royal favor and reverence shown him in early life coalesced into the kind of arrogant personality that grates on the nerves of pretty much every other Watershaper.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character is a party member.|
Companion[edit | edit source]
- Tekehu can be recruited at the Watershapers Guild, after he's chewed out by the Guildmaster for skipping a lecture.
- Tekehu likes:
- Progressive: Believes in outlooks and actions that seek to reform society and are not held by traditional ideas.
- Piety: Is pious and believes other should show respect and reverence for religions and the gods.
- Pro-Huana: Supports the various Huana tribes and communities of the Deadfire Archipelago.
- Lighthearted: Appreciates jokes and levity in life, even in the darkest of circumstances.
- Pride: Respects those with a healthy sense of self-worth and the candor to be open about it.
- Tekehu dislikes:
- Anti-Huana: Does not respond well to criticism against or hostility toward the Huana culture or its people.
- Pro-Rauatai: Dislikes and opposes Rauatai and the Royal Deadfire Company.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]