Talk:Skaenite Scripture (book)

From Pillars of Eternity Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Is there another thing of the same name?[edit source]

Or why did you add the "(book)" disambiguation, Arawn76? -- UserCCCSig.png -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 15:35, 20 November 2018 (UTC)

A scripture is a bunch of notes. But poe defines it as book. Same counts for Barathian Scripture.
I am not sure to leave it as scripture or define it both as book and if not then both with uppercases or both withouth?!Arawn76 (talk) 17:55, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
I agree with your suffix addition to the Monsters of the Deadfire Archipelago (book) – though not written yet, there might be an article like this one day. But, do you think the same of skaenite or berathian scriptures? I don't. And if there's only one item, spell, ability, location, creature and quest that uses this name solely, then there's no need for a suffix. These suffixes aren't there to describe the article topic, categorize it or make it more clear – they are so-called "disambiguation" suffixes and only there to distinguish two items by the same name. Every other possible purpose has to be explained on the page. Sometimes, but only sometimes, there are exceptions possible, due to consistency: if 90% of the books would need a disambiguation suffix, then the remaining 10% could have it, too; but currently this is not the case.
Same counts for Berathian Scripture! ;)
As for your question about how to capitalize it – there's still this guideline on the wiki. Until we change that and make a new one (which should only be done when getting more opinions than just three or four), I'm perfectly fine with lowercase article names, but in-game spelling inside the infobox. And redirects, of course. -- UserCCCSig.png -- You talkin' to me? -- cCContributions -- 18:23, 20 November 2018 (UTC)

Ok then i think it's best berathian and Skaenite are both lowercase Arawn76 (talk) 18:26, 20 November 2018 (UTC)