Talk:Pillars of Eternity talents
Removing the "Known Talents" section[edit source]
The title "Known Talents" suggests this section was added before PoE was released - now that the game is released, all talents are known.
And the wiki has also grown in the mean-time - each talent has its own page now, and for listing them we have excellent category pages like:
- Category:Class-neutral talents
- Category:Talents gained as a reward
- Category:Paladin-specific talents
- ...and so on.
So I don't think keeping this separate list here gains us anything - it's just duplicate information that is prone to getting outdated.
Thus I suggest we:
- Go through the big list on the Talent page, and merge any info into the individual pages (if it isn't there yet).
- Remove the big list.
- Quite some time, but… I've pointed the class-specific talents to the class pages, talent section now. -- -- You like to talk to me? -- cCContributions -- 14:46, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
I personally don't like "class-neutral" as term. It's okay to speak of "class-specific", but the other talents?
- No grouping of the all-classes talents into one parent category (like "class-neutral")
- Renaming of each "Class-specific talents" category to "Class talents", for example moving Category:Chanter-specific talents to Category:Chanter talents
- Naming and categorizing the all-classes talents into
- Offensive talents
- Defensive talents
- Utility talents
- Watcher talents
I know, that somebody might mistake this, and categorize some class-specific talent with defensive effects into "Defensive talents", but… no, not so highly probable.
And who will do the work? It all started with my purpose of uploading some icons. Then I found nearly 600 icons in ONE BIG category. Too much to look, if they are already present. So I started to recategorize the icons, following the example, Alianin installed some days ago: Category:Icons. And while doing so, and creating subcategory under subcategory, I thought, it's best to bring some order into the talents and abilities first, to see which categorization we would have at the end. So here I am.
And another plea for help with some terms: Someone's a good idea for a replacement of "Talents learned via level up"? -- -- You like to talk to me? -- cCContributions -- 15:13, 5 January 2017 (UTC)