Where are we planning to place list of Chants and Invocations, here or/and on the individual entries? --AnotherArk (talk) 02:03, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- I think it's not a good idea to have the same list in both articles, we would need to edit both articles for changes. At the moment I think the list would be better in the invocation and chant page and only Ancient Memory remains on the chanter page. After we have gotten more information, I would like to have a progression table on the class page and the complete list on the individual entries. e.g:
- Level Ability gained
- 1 Ancient Memory
- 1 1st level Chants
- 1 1st level Invocations. Prometheus12345 (talk) 13:41, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds great. My only concern is with the separate chants and Phrases pages, I think we can cover both topics on single page with a section for each list, avoiding redundant repetition of the mechanics involved, what do you think?
- Also while incorporating the recent update info, I made some bold changes to the entry if you have any objections or concerns let me now. --AnotherArk (talk) 14:11, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- I had similiar concerns and merged the two articles before I read your post, but if I understand the system correct there are no different phrase and chant lists, the player makes his own chants with phrases. See quote below:
||Chanters have a chant interface that allows you to place in all of your phrases to see how they will overlap/twist. When you pick a chant (which is a set of phrases you put together), you just click on it and it will automatically take effect when combat starts. You only need to switch if you want a completely different chant.
- source. Prometheus12345 (talk) 14:34, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- Great mind I guess ;) as for the Chant\Phrase mechanic, as I understand it you learn new phrases, which you can combine into various chants (e.g. chant#1 = phrase#1, phrase#8, phrase#1, phrase#2). So its not exactly two lists, but list of phrase and a list of all possible chant combinations. I suspect that in the long run keeping a list of phrases would be far easier (it depends on how many chants "slots" there will be )
- Btw, if we keep the 'List of Abilities' we should probably add link to List of Chants and List of Invocations--AnotherArk (talk) 15:09, 16 May 2014 (UTC)
- Following up on that, I believe that "Blessed Was Wengridh, Quickest of His Tribe" is chant made of two phrases, separated by a comma.--AnotherArk (talk) 08:22, 17 May 2014 (UTC)