Taking Out the Traders
|Taking Out the Traders|
|File:PE2 Taking Out the Traders.png|
Deadfire - The Brass Citadel
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Destroy the powder house
The Coming Storm
Queen Onekaza has asked that the Watcher aid her in a plot to destroy Rauatai's powderhouse and implicate the Vailian Trading Company. This would debilitate Rauatai's armaments and disgrace the Vailian's colonial leadership in one fell swoop.
- The Queen leaves the sabotage to your discretion, though you can't leave witnesses (not a big deal, given that anyone detecting you will attack). Infiltrating the powderhouse can be done either way.
- The sneaky way includes entering the powder house by picking the doors leading inside. The upper door can be picked with Mechanics 15, and you can sneak in undetected.
- It's entirely possible to plant the explosives without detection, with a high enough Stealth skill. Consider removing your companions from the party (double back to your ship after lockpicking the door - it will stay unlocked). Five people are a lot more visible than one.
- Make your way to the lower floor of the powder storage, and plant the explosive in the vat, located in the western part of the room.
- Sneak out the way you came in, but be quick about it, since the powder house will go up around your ears if you tarry.
- Alternatively, you can make use of the VTC questline to be teleported inside.
- After the deed is done, make your way back to the palace.
- During the confrontation at the palace that follows, you can lean a number of ways:
- Either follow through with with Onekaza's plan, which results in the VTC Director being banished to the Gullet and both of the trading companies getting significant setbacks. The RDC will be given the Director's holdings as recompense.
- Reveal yourself as the culprit, which will result in a battle where you will have to kill the Prince and the Hazanui.
- Use the opportunity to switch over to follow the VTC questline, by claiming the innocence of the VTC director.
- Doing this quest will make you lose both Maia Rua and Pallegina as a companion, and force you to side with Queen Onekaza II for the final attack on Eothas.
- When accepting this quest with Maia Rua as a companion in your party the Queen will be hesitant to give you the details of the mission. Should Maia Rua be still in your party she will leave, as the Queens plan conflicts with her job. Even if you switch her out before accepting the quest from the queen, and don't bring Pallegina to the palace trial where you blaim the VTC Director for the sabotage, you won't be able to keep either in the party. You will receive a letter from each, explaining that as a result of your actions they cannot follow you any longer.
- Maia's Farewell, if you don't include her in the party when accepting the quest, and leave "on good terms" with her.
- Pallegina's Farewell.
- There is Diplomacy check to keep Maia on your team, but if you truly want to go around this you better load a save and switch her out for this mission. A second check will happen when you approach the Powderhouse.
- Information and confirmation needed. As of 25.05.2020 (with all the latest updates/patches), I haven't been able to keep her in the party. If you're able to keep Maia, you'll likely have to cement her support for you and against the RDC navy during her companion quest.
- Stealth vs. violence while sabotaging the powderhouse:
- Stealth: If you planted the explosives without being seen by anyone, you are still friendly with the people in the Brass Citadel and can go back there, though they will ask you to leave since someone sabotaged their powderhouse, and they're busy cleaning it up. If you try going past them , they'll attack.
- Violence: If you killed anyone during your infiltration, the rauatai in the Brass Citadel will attack you on sight, if you show your face there.
|0||Taking Out the Traders|
|10000||Queen Onekaza has asked that I aid her in a plot to destroy Rauatai's powderhouse and implicate the Vailian Trading Company. This would debilitate Rauatai's armaments and disgrace the Vailian's colonial leadership in one fell swoop.|
|1||Infiltrate the Royal Deadfire Company's powderhouse.|
|10001||The queen leaves the infiltration of the powderhouse to my discretion, but there should be no witnesses to contradict the cover story. If my tampering goes undetected, then the explosion itself will take care of any evidence.
The powderhouse lies east of the Brass Citadel's dock.
|20001||My connections with the Vailian Trading Company may aid in carrying out the destruction of the powderhouse. The queen only asks that I remember my allegiance to the Huana.|
|20002||I planted the explosive in the powderhouse. Time to get out before the whole place blows up.|
|20003||I've made it to the powderhouse. All that remains is to find a discreet and suitable place to plant the explosive in the lowest level.|
|20004||I handed over the explosive to Hazanui Karū and revealed the queen's plan to destroy the powderhouse.|
|2||Return to the palace.|
|10002||The powderhouse has been reduced to smoldering rubble. Queen Onekaza will want to hear of this.|
|20000||A clerk at the Vailian Trading Company headquarters informed me that Director Castol has been summoned to the palace in Serpent's Crown.|
|10003||I let the faction heads know that I was the culprit behind the explosion at the powderhouse.
It didn't go over very well.
|4||Follow up with Queen Onekaza.|
|10004||Director Castol has been implicated in the explosion and banished to the Gullet. I can meet with the queen privately in Kahanga Palace to discuss our success.|
|5||Return to the palace.|
|10005||I took a more direct approach in dealing with the trading companies. There's no chance of going about this in a subtle fashion now.|
|-||40001||Now that his position within the Vailian Trading Company is secure, Director Castol has outlined a plan to cripple Rauatai by destroying their powderhouse. To keep anyone from suspecting the Company's involvement, he has suggested working with animancers to find a more clandestine means of executing the plan.|
|40002||Now that her position within the Vailian Trading Company is secure, Governor Alvari has outlined a plan to cripple Rauatai by destroying their powderhouse. To keep anyone from suspecting the Company's involvement, she has suggested working with animancers to find a more clandestine means of executing the plan.|
|-||30000||Someone vital to the completion of this quest has been killed|
|-||30001||The Vailian Trading Company leadership has taken the fall for the destruction of the powderhouse, and the Royal Deadfire Company is none the wiser. Queen Onekaza has promised me her support.|
|-||30002||I decided not to play along with Queen Onekaza's scheme, and informed the gathered participants that I destroyed the powderhouse. Neither the queen nor the Rauataian leadership took kindly to my betrayal. It is doubtful that any of the trading companies or the Huana will welcome my presence.|
|30003||I decided not to play along with Queen Onekaza's scheme and insisted upon Director Castol's innocence.|
|-||30004||I decided not to play along with Queen Onekaza's scheme and revealed my loyalty to the Príncipi. The queen and the Rauataian leadership did not take kindly to my betrayal. Having declared my allegiance, I doubt I will be welcome among the trading companies or the Huana.|
|-||30005||I informed the hazanui of the plan to destroy Rauatai's powderhouse and gave her the explosive. She disabled it.|
|-||30006||I solved Queen Onekaza's problem with violence, dispensing with any need for subtlety or schemes.|