|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The Defiant has run aground after suffering an attack by pirates, bringing a temporary halt to the hunt for Eothas. The Defiant's suffered heavy damage. There's not much sailing to be done with the hull so battered. Most of the islands in this region are inhabited. With a little luck, you'll find some assistance nearby.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find some help
- Your first priority should be completing Helping Hands (to get some crew for a start) and then leave Vilario's Rest.
- Then head to Port Maje up north.
- Enter the city and approach the platform in the center of the square. After a brief exchange of words between the governor and the Huana representative, all the eyes will turn to you - and the commoners will take you for a pirate. After resolving the situation, the governor will invite you to his mansion.
- There, he will reveal The Vailian Trading Company's interests in this island center around the 'luminous adra' to be found at an Engwithan Digsite not far from Port Maje. The town's animancers have not returned, and the governor would rather keep his guards close by in case the pirates stage a tactical assault. He will ask the Watcher to investigate on his behalf, in exchange for which he'll see that the Defiant is repaired and set out to sea.
- Investigate the Engwithan Digsite
Head to the Engwithan Digsite. Eothas has definitely set foot in this place, literally.
- Clear out the beasts in the center, then ask Benessa to open the cage. There you find the survivors of the animancer team, including Engferth. Note that you can ignore them and choose to find Oderisi first. In which case, Engferth will be waiting for you back at Port Maje.
- To find Oderisi's corpse, descend to the arena sub-level. He is found at the pillar in the northern section. Retrieve Oderisi's Notes to satisfy the governor. The shortest route is to turn right at every crossroad.
- A scripted interaction will follow as you realize that the adra pillar seems dead, disconnected from Berath's wheel. You touch the pillar and before you realize it, you are pulled into the In-Between, slowly making sense of it, then rapidly following a golden connection that terminates right in the back of your mark: Eothas. You can interact with the souls, reaching out to them, trying to push past them to find your own soul, or shouting at Eothas to stop. No matter what you choose, Eothas will stop and take notice - and admire your ability to navigate the In-Between. He will then promise that something beautiful is coming, that the sun will yet rise - and terminate the connection, restoring the pillar of luminous adra.
- Once you exit the sub-level, you will meet hundreds of souls who refuse to go to the adra pillar for fear of never reaching the Beyond and they will ask to follow you. You can accept them. If Xoti is present, you can permit her to harvest the souls, upon which some of the souls will head to her.
- Return to Clario
- Return to the Governor. You can lie that you have not found any of Oderisi's research, retaining them for yourself and…. Otherwise, Clario will be giddy and relieved that Port Maje will continue to receive VTC support and funds. He will also attempt to dissuade you from your attempt to follow Eothas. As a Priest/Mystic, Paladin, or Explorer, you can explain your desire to pursue. Then repeat your request for aid. With Intellect 12, you can surmise that Eothas is using adra pillars for an energy source, allowing you to find him.
- Governor Clario will arrange for a team of workers to haul my ship back out to sea. Once you are ready to leave the island, meet his people out at the beach by the Defiant.
Killing Clario[edit | edit source]
- If you decide to kill Clario, you won't be able to raise the Defiant using Port Maje. Return to the Defiant and talk to the Steward to…
Journal[edit | edit source]
|10000||The Defiant has run aground after suffering an attack by pirates, bringing a temporary halt to the hunt for Eothas.|
|1||Seek out a means of repairing your ship.|
|10001||The Defiant's suffered heavy damage. There's not much sailing to be done with the hull so battered.
Most of the islands in this region are inhabited. With a little luck, I'll find some assistance nearby.
|20000||I've found a trail leading up from the beach. There must be some kind of settlement nearby.|
|20001||I've reached Port Maje's harbor. There's some commotion going on at the town square.|
|2||Speak with Governor Clario.|
|10002||Governor Clario invited me to meet with him inside his estate at Port Maje to discuss my situation.|
|3||Explore the island.|
|10003||I'll find no help in town after slaughtering the governor. I'll have to find a way off this island on my own - not to mention some sign of where Eothas is heading.
If I lose the trail now, who knows if I'll ever find it again?
|4||Reach the Engwithan Digsite.|
|10004||The Vailian Trading Company's interests in this island center around the 'luminous adra' to be found at an Engwithan digsite not far from Port Maje.
The town's animancers have not returned, and the governor would rather keep his guards close by in case the pirates stage a tactical assault. He's asked me to investigate on his behalf, in exchange for which he'll see that my ship is repaired and set out to sea.
Governor Clario gave me directions to the digsite, on the eastern side of the island.
|20004||Clario wants information on the arena, but would be especially interested in what remains of the work of Oderisi, the head animancer.|
|10005||I've reached the digsite Clario described. Eothas has definitely been through here, which means the chances of finding anyone alive just got a lot smaller.
If I can at least find Oderisi's corpse, that should be enough to satisfy Clario's request.
|20002||The animancers suggested that Oderisi may still be somewhere in the ruins beneath the arena - along with his research notes.|
|20005||I killed the animancers. They won't be getting up to any more experiments.|
|20006||I tired of Clario. I'll figure out a way off this island on my own.|
|8||Return to Clario.|
|10008||Oderisi's fate is clear. It's not the news Governor Clario was hoping for, I imagine.
The sooner I deliver the news to him at his estate in Port Maje, the sooner he can fulfill his end of the bargain.
|9||Return to the beach.|
|10009||Governor Clario has arranged for a team of workers to haul my ship back out to sea. Once I'm ready to leave the island, I should meet his people out at the beach by The Defiant.|
|10||Return to the beach.|
|10010||I know where Eothas is headed next, but I haven't had much luck finding a way off this island.
The steward may have some ideas. I'll find her back on the beach.
|11||Seek help in town.|
|10011||I know what Eothas is looking for, now, but I'll still need a ship to reach him. The roads leading out of this digsite must lead somewhere- perhaps I'll find someone willing to fix my ship.|
|12||Return to the beach.|
|10012||I decided to kill Governor Clario after all. I'll figure out a way off this island on my own.|
|-||20003||I know what befell the animancers. I could still try and find Oderisi's notes for Clario.|
|30000||The ship isn't as pretty as it used to be, but it's seaworthy. I'm free to sail the Deadfire, and resume my pursuit of Eothas.|