The druid can assume a variety of anthropomorphized forms, with new abilities inspired by the emulated creature. Druids cannot hold weapons while spiritshifted, but they can always cast spells. Spiritshifts deal damage of a different type depending on the form, and are granted unique abilities and items. The exact duration is 15 seconds, increased by 5% for each point of the character's Intellect.
The spirit form is chosen during Character Creation, as part of class selection.
Spirit forms[edit | edit source]
Druids choose a spirit form at character creation. The reason for choosing one form over another will be for the abilities each one inherently comes with. Available spirit forms are:
Spiritshift weapon and armor[edit | edit source]
All druid's equipment is inaccessible during transformation and any bonus it provides is lost (with the only exception of Wildstrike Belt), but every form comes equipped with a set of special weapon and armor. This weapon is considered unarmed dual wielding with average base attack speed (with the exception of Cat and Stelgaer - see table above), and its damage and Accuracy rating scales with the wielder's character level.
- In Pillars of Eternity:
- All spiritshift weapons deal 16-25 damage (Damage Types vary), are granted a +5 Damage Reduction bypass, and gain additional Damage and +4 Accuracy (vs. Deflection) every 3 character levels from - but not including - level 1 (4, 7, 10, etc.)
- The bonus damage is calculated exponentially with
1.15 ^ x, where x is 0 at levels 1-3, 1 at levels 4-6, 2 at levels 7-9, etc.
- In Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:
- All spiritshift weapons deal 13-19 damage (with the exception of Elemental Claws - Damage Types vary), and gain the enchantment Scaling: +4 Accuracy, +15% Damage, and +1 Penetration every 4 character levels from - but not including - level 1 (5, 9, 13, etc.).
- All spiritshift armors have 8 AR (with the exception of Spiritshift Bear Hide, which has 10), have no recovery speed penalty, and are granted +1 Base AR every 4 character levels over - but not including - level 1 (5, 9, 13, etc.).
|Spiritshift equipment scaling|
|Level||Pillars of Eternity||Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire|
|+0||+0 (9)||+0 (8)|
|+4||+1 (10)||+1 (9)|
|+8||+2 (11)||+2 (10)|
|+12||+3 (12)||+3 (11)|
|17||Player character level cap||+60%
|+16||+4 (13)||+4 (12)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Wolf Spiritshift is supposed to "move quickly" like its description indicates but does not actually provide any Movement increase.
- The weapons of the Spiritshift forms work with the talents Weapon Focus Peasant and Two Weapon Style.
- Shifting originally lasted for the duration of the combat or until you choose to shift back, but that is no longer the case.