Songs of the Wild
|Songs of the Wild|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Complete the quest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Delem, chanter of Oldsong is looking for rare songbirds. He claims that by consuming these exotic birds, he can absorb their musical nature. He hopes this will enable him to compose a song amazing enough to repulse the chill wind that has set upon Oldsong.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Cloudsinger Songbird is located at the bottom right of the Temple of Hylea.
- Shardwing Songbird is located in Elmshore in a bush beneath the adra arch.
- Tîam Songbird is located in Twin Elms Hearthsong in the northern Glafanthan Home on the right. Inside is Llensî. When you try to take the bird in the box she will stop you, and you can ask her about Delem's superstition.
- You can get the bird with a Intellect 14 (Deceptive) by telling her it should go free (no change in reputation with Twin Elms), or with Resolve 12 (Cruel) to back up a threat (moderate reputation decrease with Twin Elms, which is however offset by a Moderate reputation increase with Twin Elms for obtaining the bird).
- You can also get the bird by attacking Llensî or looting the chest (she becomes hostile when you take the contents, even if you're not spotted) with no apparent consequences.
- If you have talked to Llensî, you can dissuade Delem with a 4 Survival check. Having talked to Onŵen will also work, even without the check. You will still lose any birds in your inventory, and you will earn a Minor reputation decrease with Twin Elms, but 8400 exp.
- Choosing the Chanter class check also gives you a Minor reputation decrease with Twin Elms and 8400 exp.
- Giving Delem the birds, will reward you with the talent Song of the Heavens (+1 perception, +2 shock damage reduction), a Major reputation increase – as opposed to the above option – with Twin Elms and 8400 exp.
- While handing over the birds, you have the option to convince him not to eat them: each of the three checks – 14 resolve, 13 intelligence and 14 perception – allows you to spare one bird. However, the "pet" can be spared without any check, leaving only two checks to pass for sparing them all. The reward is the same, regardless of the birds' fate.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even if you convince Delem not to eat any of the birds, when you speak to him after completing the quest he says "Pardon me, feels like there's a beak in there still putting up a fight."
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Songs of The Wild|
|10000||Delem, chanter of Oldsong is looking for rare songbirds. He claims that by consuming these exotic birds, he can absorb their musical nature. He hopes this will enable him to compose a song amazing enough to repulse the chill wind that has set upon Oldsong.|
|1||Find and Capture Three Rare Songbirds|
|10001||Delem, an orlan in the Oldsong District, misses the lively crowds that used to dance and sing in the plaza before the Noonfrost chill drove them away.
Delem believes that if he can consume the flesh of three rare songbirds, they will strengthen his spirit, and he will be able to draw back the crowds.
|20000||Delem gave me some useful information about the birds he seeks.
The Tîam is a favorite among Glanfathans, usually kept in cages but uncommon to find nevertheless.
The Shardwing is a small bird that tends to live in the underbrush and, usually, near large adra structures where its iridescent turquoise feathers blend against the rock.
Finally, Delem wants a Cloudsinger, an extremely reclusive and hard to find bird who nests only against the rocks of the highest mountains of Eir Glanfath.
|20001||I found a Shardwing out in the wilderness past Twin Elms.|
|20002||I found a Tîam songbird inside a home in the Hearthsong district.|
|20003||I caught a beautiful Cloudsinger atop a mountain, by the temple of Hylea.|
|2||Return to Delem in Oldsong|
|10002||I've gathered three special songbirds for Delem. I should return to him, in the Oldsong district of Twin Elms.|
|Turned in Birds|
|30000||I found three songbirds for Delem. He was very pleased with my efforts.|
|30001||After speaking with the priests of Hylea, I was able to convince Delem that he was wrong about birds conferring powers upon those who eat them. He seemed a little disappointed.|
|30002||After speaking with Llensi, owner of one of the rare songbirds, I learned that Delem's plan is based on wild orlan superstition. I was able to convince him of the error of his plan, and he reluctantly abandoned the notion.|