Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Gordy, a kid in Copperlane, desperately wants a March steel dagger, which is only forged by the Crucible Knights and given within their order. He can tell you all about how March steel is forged and how awesome it is, if you want to hear it! If you bring him the dagger, he'll tell you about a secret place where you might find treasure.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Gordy. He is standing in front of a white building east of the Catacombs entrance.
- Gordy wants a March Steel dagger, which can be found on a merchant over near the Expedition hall, in the NE of the zone. You want to talk to Igrun. He tells you he already sold the dagger and you might try the adventurers hanging out in the Goose and Fox tavern. If you have 12+ Intellect, you can challenge him about the legality of the sale. Choosing the Clever follow-up response to his answer will net you a discount at his store.
- The adventurers are on the second floor. Talk to Two-Tone Weaxel, and you can offer to buy the dagger for 100 . Depending on your resolve or intellect, you can get a better deal of 50 . You can also kill them for the dagger, if you are so inclined, but this will result in your Defiance Bay reputation taking a massive hit.
- Return to Gordy
- If you give him the dagger, he'll tell you about a loose stone where the actors hide stuff, near the theater. At this point you can also lie to him (gaining deceptive reputation), which results as you gaining the location of the secret without giving him the dagger. When taking this optional course of action, the party gains both the location of the secret and the dagger.
- If you've already found the hiding spot, some new, humorous dialogue options can be selected after returning the dagger to Gordy.
- The loose flagstone is on the east side of the theater on the floor, and you have to enter stealth mode in order to find the spot.
- If you give Gordy the dagger, he will later reappear in the same place with his father. His father scolds him, assuming Gordy stole the dagger, but Gordy will point you out and say you traded the blade to him. You may either admit this, or lie and claim you've never seen the boy before. These choices affect your Disposition but there are no other effects.
- Regardless of how you respond to the prior interaction, town criers will later report the tragic accident of a young boy who lost several fingers while playing with a blade. However, if you have 4+ Survival, you could teach Gordy how to be careful in handling the dagger, and he'll keep it in mind, preventing the tragedy.
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Total quest XP 1080.
- March Steel Dagger if you trick Gordy, or never give it back to him.
- The secret hiding place has an Oaken Scarab Figurine and a couple of gems and some liquor in it. You don't actually have to do this quest to find the hiding place, and Gordy has no idea if you've been there already or not.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|Gordy, a child in Copperlane, told me he knows of a place where people hide "really special things." He said he'd show it to me if I get him a March steel dagger.|
|1||Find the March steel dagger.|
|Gordy told me that a merchant selling weaponry near the expedition hall has the dagger.|
|Igrun, a weapon and armor merchant, told me that he already sold the dagger to a band of adventurers. He guessed that they were headed to the Goose and Fox, a tavern in Copperlane.|
|Weaxel is an orlan adventurer visiting the Goose and Fox in Copperlane. He admitted to buying the dagger from Igrun.|
|2||Return to Gordy in Copperlane.|
|I got the March steel dagger from Weaxel. Gordy's looking forward to getting it, and I'm looking forward to hearing this big secret of his.|
|✓||Gordy and I made a fair trade. I gave him his dagger, and he told me about the loose brick by the theater.|