|Biography and appearance|
|Game||Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire|
|Culture||Príncipi sen Patrena|
|Faction||Príncipi sen Patrena|
|Location||Gentleman of Leisure, Captain Furrante's ship|
A Sorcerer and a Gentleman|
Blow the Man Down
|Body||Serafen's Padded Mail|
|Weapon Set 1||
|Weapon Set 2||
A proud member of the Príncipi sen Patrena and one of the most accomplished shiphunters in the Deadfire Archipelago. He's short, wild, and absolutely foulmouthed. He's also one of the more moderate Principi members, once you get past all that fur and swearing: He believes in a third option for the Principi to take, between total anarchy represented by Aeldys and elitist tyranny championed by Captain Furrante.
Serafen's life started with misery. Born to a slave mother, he never knew his father and was torn from her arms to be used as a slave warrior. He made a name for himself and was shuttled from one pit to the other by the slavers. His life changed when the slave ship he was aboard was set upon by The Sorcerer. Serafen liberated himself, grabbed a blade, and took revenge on the slavers - then Captain Bastien brought him as a ship boy aboard The Sorcerer. Remaro, the ship's surgeon, took him in under his wing, showed him how to work the ropes, taught him to read, write, and especially navigate, all the while teaching him the Principi traditions. More importantly, he protected him from the worst excesses of Malnaj, his shiphunter. She ruthlessly exploited Serafen, shaking him down after each raid to ensure he couldn't square anything away. Serafen isn't sure what made her hate him so much - it wasn't love, though he speculated that trying to get him killed twice within the first fortnight was a sure sign of deep love. However, when he proposed her, she stabbed him in the throat as a warning.
Eventually, Serafen became the ship's mindhunter, while Malnaj moved off to captain a vessel of her own. Without her in the way, he grew to treat his fellow crewmates as his own family, the one that he never had before. The familial bonds that grew between him and Remaro over time hardened, becoming a strong father and son relation. However, he was forced to leave the ship when Captain Furrante of The Gentleman of Leisure offered him a position in his crew. Since the offer was made by the head of the Consuagli and one of the most ruthless captains the Principi ever had, Serafen took the job, even if it cost him his adopted family he lived with for fourteen years.
He served admirably, though Furrante proved to be every bit the tyrant Serafen thought him to be. To make matters worse, Remaro was accused of mutiny by the Consuaglo and forced to make a run for it. Serafen never believed the rumors and promised himself to track Remaro down and find out the truth - and help his adopted father get out of the Archipelago alive. Problem is, he had to first get out of service to the good captain. That's when the Watcher entered the Deadfire and drew the eye of the Principi. Serafen jumped on the chance to jump ship and transfer to the Defiant, hoping to find his father alongside the mysterious Watcher.
|This character is a party member.|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Blow the Man Down: Serafen's inside knowledge of Fort Deadlight is instrumental in getting the hide of Captain Benweth tanned.
- A Sorcerer and a Gentleman: He needs you to help him find Remaro, however, the truth of why Remaro went rogue is something that can break the young cipher.
- Serafen is added to the party after launching the Defiant. You are intercepted by the Gentleman of Leisure, Captain Furrante's ship, and can accept the cipher into your service together with a quest to take down Captain Benweth.
- Reaching the first level of camaraderie with Serafen will result in him offering you a gift of the Cipher's Shackle, which he hid from Malnaj by stowing it where the sun didn't shine (his beard).
- The second level grants you Fair Favor, which he received from Remaro. He once coveted the Captain's position, but serving under Furrante and the Watcher changed his mind.
- Serafen likes:
- Skullduggery: Appreciates people who use lies, deception, and general chicanery to get their way.
- Lighthearted: Appreciates jokes and levity in life, even in the darkest of circumstances.
- Impassioned: He is a passionate person and responds well to people with similarly strong emotions.
- Worldly: Appreciates a cosmopolitan lifestyle and outlook on life.
- Serafen dislikes:
- Anti-Principi: Supports the pirates of the Príncipi sen Patrena and dislikes those who act against them.
- Racism: Takes a dim view of racist comments and attitudes.
Behind the scenes
- He is voiced by actor Liam O'Brien
- He was written by Alex Scokel