Salt in the Wound
|Salt in the Wound|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Let the duel proceed as normal
Break up the duel
Propose an alternative
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Nera is annoyed that her younger brother, Larro, missed an appointment. He is likely somewhere in Queen's Berth. Nera wants him found and returned to the Bardatto estate as soon as possible.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Larro is found under the waterfall, engaged in a duel with Orso Valera. As this falls squarely under the category of what Nera would call "trouble", you should intervene. The quest is the first of several revealing the feud between the families. You have three options:
- Allow the duel to continue, resulting in the death of one of two participants. You can bet ten copper on one of the participants (this does cost a minor negative reputation, though). Without your intervention, the victor is randomly determined.
- Break up the duel and chase the children away with Resolve 16, Might 18, or Bluff 5. You can also ask if this is worth dying over and then threaten them with Bluff 3 that you'll suck their souls into the beyond.
- Propose an alternative with Diplomacy 3. Fighting to the first blood satisfies all parties.
- In the case the confrontation results in a fight, you enter a scripted interaction. You can simply watch the duel to its end (blessing one of the participants if you're playing a priest), find a better vantage point with Streetwise, or study the opponents with Insight. Once they clash, you can distract one of the opponents or both (distracting one relies on Insight) to increase their chances of success for a minor negative rep with the VTC. Once a combatant is disarmed, you can continue to watch or force them to stop before they kill one another (Wizard/Paladin/Priest) or with Resolve 4 (a distracting cheer also works). Not intervening will result in one of them dying.