|Biography and appearance|
|Game||Pillars of Eternity|
|Attributes||Mig: 15 Con: 12 Dex: 11 Per: 17 Int: 13 Res: 10|
|Quests||The Long Hunt|
Background[edit | edit source]
A dwarven woman, dressed in skins and hides, leans against the road marker. Her face is turned down, her eyes darkened by a thick stripe of face paint. She's sharpening a bone arrowhead with a scrimshaw-handled knife. Her attention, however, is focused on a bear figurine between her feet. A large, white-furred fox standing at her heels looks up at your approach.
Sagani is a 57 years old boreal dwarf from Massuk in Naasitaq, a tundra island in the southern parts of Eora. She is a capable hunter, dutiful mother, and loving wife. As per Naasitaq customs, she and her husband, Kallu, were chosen for one another by their parents. They chose well, as the two formed strong bonds of friendship and eventually love. As Sagani hunted to provide food for her people and goods for trade, Kallu built a home and raised their children. They had five: Yakona, Najuo, and Malaak survived the harsh, lean winters. Estuya and Aniik, unfortunately, did not.
As a Massuk, she is a long hunter, responsible for stalking game across the tundra with some of the other wives. Their usual prey involves caribou and oxen, but hares and birds make for good provisions as well. Hunters are respected in Massuk, so Sagani enjoys - or enjoyed - the respect and love of her peers.
The Long Hunt[edit | edit source]
She is currently in the midst a hunt for Persoq, the reincarnated elder of her tribe. When the omens were determined, based on caribou migrations and casting seal bones, all village huntresses drew shark teeth to determine who would have the honor. Sagani drew the little one. Although she was loathe to leave Kallu and her children, she accepted the quest. With an adra figurine in hand, her hunting gear, and Itumaak at her side, she set out from Naasitaq in search of the elder. She didn't expect the hunt to take five years to complete, much less take her all the way to Dyrwood. The desire to see new lands slowly petered out, replaced with grim determination and no small amount of homesickness.
The fact that her quest brings her in contact with various disreputable people doesn't help. Her latest experience was with a self-proclaimed Watcher who conned her out of five golden ducs in exchange for a vague hint to seek the crossroads in the field between the 'wolf's lair' and the 'twining trees.' As a veteran tracker, she immediately identified the Woodend Plains as her goal, as they lay between Defiance Bay (the duc is nicknamed Wolf-grin) and Twin Elms. She left him with a parting gift in the form of an arrow in his knapsack, warning him that she will find him to lodge a complaint if she finds he cheated her. Fortunately for the con-man, she runs into the Watcher at the crossroads, finally starting to make headway on her personal quest.
That said, she isn't ready to simply give up on what's a sacred tradition of her people. The Tarneq-Ilitsaak, soul-recovery, occurs once a generation when a huntress is chosen to seek out the soul of a respected and long-dead village elder, to tell them how the village fares and what people remember of him. Sagani remembers a single such occurrence in her lifetime, more than half a century ago... The honored huntress never returned from her quest and the village never really spoke of her after the festival ended. It bothers Sagani to no end, not so much the possibility of death, but being forgotten by her people and, more importantly, her family.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character is a party member.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- Sagani and Itumaak have no small amount of interactions with other members of the team, particularly Eder. The Eothasian is fond of animals and loves petting them. Itumaak... Well, he's not all that happy about it.
Companion quest[edit | edit source]
- Sagani's companion quest is The Long Hunt, which is received as soon as she is recruited. It requires traveling to various parts of the world map, and cannot be finished until Act 3.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- Sagani was inspired by an old Daniel R. Horne painting that was on the cover of Dragon magazine. Her original concept was the first piece of art that Kaz Aruga (concept artist on Pillars of Eternity and lead artist on Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire) made for Obsidian.
- Sagani was written by Carrie Patel.
- Sagani's animal companion Itumaak is an arctic fox, a choice not available to player rangers.
- Before the 1.03 patch, Sagani had the following attributes: Mig: 13 Con: 12 Dex: 14 Per: 18 Int: 11 Res: 10.
- Before the 3.00 patch, Sagani had the following attributes: Mig: 15 Con: 12 Dex: 15 Per: 13 Int: 13 Res: 10.
Gallery[edit | edit source]