We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest
Quick walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Simoc in the Hall of Warriors in Elms' Reach.
- Talk to Bledha in Elms' Reach. [optional]
- Take the baby from the Glanfathan Home in Hearthsong. [optional]
- Talk to Keeper Wrdha in Blood Sands. [optional]
- Deal with Simoc.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
If you talk to Simoc in the Hall of Warriors in the Elms' Reach district of Twin Elms, he'll task you with kidnapping a newborn child of his clan and sacrificing it in Blood Sands in order to distill a spirit potion for him to make him stronger.
When you approach the exit of the hall after the conversation, Simoc's son Lliras initiates conversation with you and asks you to poison his father instead in order to save the baby's life.
You can now choose between three possible paths to resolve the quest:
- Attack Simoc
- You can tell Simoc that he deserves to die right in your first conversation with him, or just attack him at your discretion at any later time. That will result in an intense fight against him and everyone in the Hall of Warriors except for Lliras. You receive:
reputation: Twin Elms: Moderate Positive Ovates of the Golden Grove: Moderate Positive Ethik Nôl: Extraordinary Negative items: Thy Clef, plus 9300+ worth of loot from the Hall of Warriors
- Kidnap & sacrifice the baby, and give the essence potion to Simoc
- Go to Hearthsong district and use the Rusty Key you got from Simoc to enter the previously inaccessible Glanfathan Home in the south part of the map (just north of the Celestial Sapling inn). Take the baby from the cradle. When you leave the house, you will be intercepted by Lliras and attacked, no matter what you say.
- Now return to the Elms' Reach district, enter Blood Sands, and talk to Keeper Wrdha. Give her the baby, and and she'll sacrifice it and hand you the Distilled Essence Potion.
- Go back to Simoc and give him the potion. You receive:
reputation: Twin Elms: Moderate Positive Ovates of the Golden Grove: Major Negative Ethik Nôl: Extraordinary Positive items: Thy Clef, plus 3200+ worth of loot from fighting Lliras
- Poison Simoc
- To do so, go to the Golden Grove just east of the Hall of Warriors, and ask Bledha to give you a flask of poison. It is irrelevant what kind of poison you choose.
- Go back to Simoc and give him the potion, but he will hesitate to drink it. If you choose an answer without attribute check, he will attack you, outcome as above (1). With Resolve 19 or Intellect 19, you can persuade him to drink it, but after that, you need another Resolve 20 or Perception 19 to avoid him attacking you. You receive:
reputation: Twin Elms: Moderate Positive Ovates of the Golden Grove: Major Positive Ethik Nôl: Moderate Negative items: Thy Clef
In all cases you get 6300 exp for completing the quest.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- You can snatch the baby and kill Lliras, but then take the "poison Simoc" or "attack Simoc" route (e.g. to maximize loot or kills), this will not change the results. You can also get the poison first and then still steal the baby and kill Lliras.
- If you kill Simoc after the quest has ended in a way that he gave you Thy Clef, you can loot another Thy Clef from him (bug?). This attack will not yield any reputation changes. Verify
- If you kill everyone of the Three-Tusk Stelgaer clan in the hall, leave it and enter again or load a save from there, it will be repopulated with default Glanfathans (warriors, children).
- Taking the baby without sacrificing it, i.e. keeping it for yourself, will be reflected in the game ending.
Journal[edit | edit source]