|Overview of the maw|
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
A vast expanse of open ocean to the northwest, by the Razai Passage. The few small islands that make up the only land in this area are spaced far apart.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
Southern island[edit | edit source]
- Cave of Threshing (Fampyr's Crypt): An ancient Engwithan sacrificial facility, now occupied by fampyrs.
- Bent Bough Forest: A dense forest where you can find a battered journal with Survival 17. The Waterlogged Journal helps find the Sanguine Great Sword and the recruitable crew member Winking Audr.
Northwestern island[edit | edit source]
A large island in the northwestern corner of the map.
- Outcast's Respite: A remote cave, and home of Bipara, a bog witch.
- Boot-suck Bog: The Bog requires Survival 19 to get through, otherwise you'll need Athletics 18 to get your tracker out of trouble. Then you'll be accosted by a group of cultists and need Diplomacy 18 to get by without a fight. Otherwise, you'll fight three high level Rangers and two bog lurkers. It's worth noting that they drop a Ring of Greater Regeneration, so it might be worth it.
Northern island[edit | edit source]
A desert island to the extreme north.
- Junvik Village: A small dwarven village in the desert, consisting of a cluster of small clay huts.
- Drowned Barrows: A rather ominous skull-shaped cave, and the domain of Nemnok the Devourer.
- Dessiral. The treasure consists of several hundred copper pieces, jewels and Magnera's Chain.
Northeastern island[edit | edit source]
- Ori o Koīki: The heart of the Wahaki tribe.
Others[edit | edit source]
- School of Fish: Around the center of the area is a school of fish, which will lead to an encounter with a barbed ravager - a giant sea beast of Engwithan design. To defeat it, your cannoneers must have at least 8 skill when summed up.