Prison of Ice
|Prison of Ice|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Finish the quest - Alwah escapes
Finish the quest - Alwah dies
Into the White Void
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Alwah, a scout of the Fangs, went missing in Noonfrost, the temple on the lake. Larha had sent Alwah to investigate the cold spreading from the temple.
Larha believes the pale elves who recently came to the temple may be the cause of this. Regardless, the Watcher may be able to find Alwah - or evidence of her disappearance - in Noonfrost.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak to Larha in Galawain's Maw, she will ask you to find Alwah.
- Find and free Alwah inside Noonfrost where she is being held captive.
- You can stealth your way in the back areas. Find Alwah in the right hand side of the temple and tell her to stay put.
- Then you can explore the left hand side and find the leader of the elves, Glasvahl. Speak with him and pass a Rational 2 check to have him free Alwah and let you go. You will need to be able to pick level 6 locks to do this.
- It is easier to free her after you have completed the quest Into the White Void as all NPCs leave the area.
- Note: It is possible for Alwah to die while making her escape if you haven't cleared the path to the front door of Noonfrost.
- Return to Larha and inform her of Alwah's fate.
- If Alwah survived, Larha will reward you with the unique medium armor Scales of the Raven, 6300 exp, Extraordinary reputation increase with The Fangs and Minor reputation increase with Twin Elms. While talking to Larha, Alwah will enter. Speak with her to learn the Blooded Hunter talent.
- If Alwah did not survive (including if you killed her), informing Larha will result in a major reputation loss with The Fangs and a minor reputation loss with Twin Elms.
- If you finished the quest via stealth, you recieve a major reputation gain with The Fangs and a moderate gain with Twin Elms.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Prison of Ice|
|10000||The lake in Oldsong has begun freezing over ever since the arrival of a group of pale elves. Larha, a member of the Fangs, sent her sister, Alwah, to investigate.
Alwah went to the temple of Noonfrost looking for answers. She hasn't returned.
|1||Enter Noonfrost in Oldsong.|
|10001||Alwah, a scout of the Fangs, went missing in Noonfrost, the temple on the lake. Larha had sent Alwah to investigate the cold spreading from the temple.
Larha believes the pale elves who recently came to the temple may be the cause of this. Regardless, I may be able to find Alwah - or evidence of her disappearance - in Noonfrost.
|10002||I've found Noonfrost. The Glamfellen have clearly established a presence here.
If they're responsible for Alwah's disappearance, I doubt they'll admit as much. Still, I may be able to track her down on my own.
|3||Free Alwah from Noonfrost.|
|10003||I found Alwah locked in a room near the back of Noonfrost. She told me that the Glamfellen captured her when they caught her sneaking around. She wants me to help her escape.|
|20000||I told her it wasn't safe to leave yet. It won't be good for either of us if the pale elves catch her escaping, so I'll either have to clear a path or find some way to negotiate with their leader. However, it doesn't seem like they're inclined to let me see him.|
|20001||Glasvahl has given me permission to release Alwah.|
|4||Return to Larha in the Maw.|
|10004||Alwah made it out of Noonfrost. Larha will be delighted to see her, but she'll also want to hear my report of what happened in the temple.|
|5||Return to Larha in the Maw.|
|10005||Alwah died before she could escape from Noonfrost. I'll have to break the news to Larha.|
|30000||I cleared a path so that Alwah could escape from Noonfrost.|
|30001||Alwah died before she could escape from Noonfrost.|
|30002||I made a deal with Glasvahl, the leader of the pale elves, to secure Alwah's release.|
|30003||Someone critically important to this quest has died.|