|Powderhouse - Lower|
|Powderhouse - Upper|
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
The primary store of gunpowder used by the Royal Deadfire Company in the Deadfire, providing a strategic reserve of firepower for their entire navy. As such, a single spark or the tiniest flame could unmake the proud empire's entire campaign...
Currently the powderhouse is closed off for all but Royal Deadfire Company captains.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
Entering the powderhouse can be done in a number of ways:
- Using Bluff 12, to convince the guard at the door that the Hazanui gave you permission to enter.
- Using Mechanics 15 to picking the lock on the door to the upper powderhouse (via the ramparts directly above the ground entrance).
- Powderhouse - Lower
- Upon entry you will be stopped by the Powderhouse Captain. She demands that you explain yourself. You can be permitted entry with Good (3) reputation with the RDC, or with 1 reputation and 12 Bluff (fails if you have a Shady disposition of 2 or more). Otherwise you'll have to attack or be escorted out. The captain warns you not to bare an open flame, and that downstairs is off limits. Upon repeated entry, you will only get two warnings from the captain before she becomes fed up and attacks.
- Powderhouse - Upper
- A small area serving as an exit to the upper part of the Brass Citadel, and the ramparts.
- Powderhouse Storage
- Located in the basement of the powderhouse, this area serves as the main storage area of the RDC's stockpile of gunpowder, and as such is packed with guards and RDC. The tip of a luminouse adra pillar can be seen jutting from the floor to the northeast, a gunpowder silo to the southwest of that, and then quality control. To the west is the overseers desk, where incoming and outgoing shipments to RDC colonies are managed.
- This area is off limits, entering will always cause the characters to become hostile. Clearing them out should be no problem, as there's no lack of explosive barrels. Just be sure to stand clear!
Characters[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Powderhouse Lower
- Powderhouse Guard (x2)
- Powderhouse Mixer (x3)
- Rauatain Chanter (x1)
- Powderhouse Storage
- Powderhouse Guard (x3)
- Powderhouse Mixer (x7)
- Rauataian Priest (x1)
Loot[edit | edit source]
- The powderhouse contains only minor loot, a small assortment of basic weapons, bombs, and ingredients - mainly gunpowder.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wielding a torch in this area has no effect, even on the dialogue with the captain.