Poko Kohara ruins
|Poko Kohara ruins|
Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Background[edit | edit source]
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You begin in the southwest corner. Follow the flags planted in the ground to a pillar covered in Engwithan runes ("Gods punish trespassers"). You can find two dried-up skeletons near it - definitely not the VTC you're looking for. Their camp is in the northwestern corner. Note that crossing the space between the two ruined towers will lead to an encounter with a swarm of sand grubs in quicksand which will slow you down (applying Slog Zone) and can randomly knock over.
- The camp is abandoned and most of the supplies rotted through. You can interact with the lingering soul for a quick cutscene. The nearby well can be interacted with as part a scripted interaction. A rope was dropped down the ancient well, with nothing attached to it and water on the bottom. You can send someone down the well. A sack of gems is hidden just above the water. Athletics 3 allows you to swing towards it and recover it, while Dexterity 12 allows you to recover all the gems intact (8x Aquamarine, 3x Garnet, and 1x Emerald).
- There is a small group of sand blights to the northeast, near a hidden stash containing a few gems. A more interesting spot is to the southeast, with a (large) xaurip camp that has no less than three priests and several champions and skirmishers. The prize is minor, mostly supplies looted from the VTC expedition.
- The oasis in the center holds a pair of oasis delemgans and desert wurms. The prize is a lovely desert wurm hatchling.
- Approaching the facade of the ruin will trigger another cutscene where Gian, Falero, Olara, and Beza are fleeing something that makes a tremendous amount of noise. Gian's sand-covered body is ripe for the picking, but offers only minor loot. Once you do approach the facade, you will learn just who did him in: An Engwithan Titan. It's a particularly challenging fight, especially since sand blights will join the fray once you knock him down to 50% strength.
- To open the door, you need either:
- Otherwise, if you stick your hand in the gears (instead of using a grappling hook) you will get Smashed Hands (+20% Recovery Time). If you attempt to open the door with sheer strength, you will get a Wrenched Shoulder (-3 Might).
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Oasis delemgan (x2)
- Sand blight (x3)
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Desert Wurm Hatchling: In a container in the central oasis.
- Thundercrack Pistol: In a trapped crate, in the Xaurip camp to the east.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After finishing The Storms of Poko Kohara, sand storms will no longer occur in the area, making it much more pleasant.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Well scripted interaction