The Parable of Wael
(Redirected from Parable of Wael)
|The Parable of Wael|
|Iben, the head of the filthy thieves|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Return the scroll to Grimda
Bury scroll, Grimda believes you
Bury scroll, Grimda is angered
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A group of thieves has robbed the Hall of Revealed Mysteries and absconded with an ancient Scroll of Wael. To prevent ancient wisdom from being disseminated to unworthy people, Grimda asks the Watcher to retrieve the scroll.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Grimda inside the Hall of Revealed Mysteries in northwestern Copperlane to pick up the quest.
- Go to the abandoned homestead on the Woodend Plains. You will be attacked by a band of thieves of various classes. One of them, Beacwof, drops the Sun-Touched Mail of Hyran Rath while Iben drops the Scroll of Wael.
- Upon picking up the scroll, the god of mysteries will speak to you and explain that his relics are not meant to stay in one place, but be lost, found, and then lost again, so that seekers may continuously rediscover them. Thus the god will provide instruction for where you should take the scroll next.
- Proceeding with the gods wishes, bury the scroll under the skull of the drake looking east in the Black Meadow as instructed.
- Return to Grimda, who will either believe you and give you the same reward as above, or be angry and give you nothing.
- If you have Deceptive 2, Grimda will automatically think you're lying.
- Else if you have Honest 2, Grimda will automatically believe you (i.e. if you have both Honest and Deceptive ≥2 she won't believe you).
- Otherwise, if you are neither Honest nor Deceptive 2, selecting the second dialogue option will convince Grimda that you are telling her the truth. Selecting the first or third dialogue option can also convince Grimda but will require 6 Lore.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Telling Grimda that you found the scroll, while having the scroll in your stash, will immediate hand it over to her without mentioning the god's instructions.
- If Grimda is angered you will still get full experience for completing the quest. However she will refuse to talk to you afterward, making it impossible to report Nedyn to her during The Theorems of Pandgram.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||The Parable of Wael|
|10000||A group of thieves has stolen a scroll of Wael from the Hall of Revealed Mysteries in Defiance Bay. The High Archivist, Grimda, wants me to track down the thieves and recover the scroll.|
|1||Retrieve the stolen scroll.|
|10001||Grimda said that one of the thieves mentioned an abandoned farm on the path to Dyrford.|
|20000||I've found several people hiding out at an abandoned farmhouse. I think these are the thieves Grimda mentioned.|
|20001||Now that the thieves are dead, I can search them for the scroll and return to Grimda.|
|2||Return to Grimda in Copperlane.|
|10002||I've recovered the stolen scroll. All that remains is to deliver it back to Grimda at the Hall of Revealed Mysteries in Copperlane.|
|20002||I just had the strangest experience. I heard a voice in my head, and it told me to hide the scroll again. It directed me to bury it in the Black Meadow under the skull of the drake looking east. It sounded like a message from Wael itself.|
|20003||I buried the scroll where Wael wished. Grimda will want to know what happened to it, but I'm not sure how she'll take this information.|
|30000||✓||I returned the scroll of Wael to Grimda.|
|30001||✗||I killed Odda, putting an end to all of her worries.|
|30002||✓||I followed Wael's cryptic instructions and buried the scroll in the Black Meadow. Not surprisingly, Grimda didn't believe me, and now she's furious.|
|30003||✓||I followed Wael's cryptic instructions and buried the scroll in the Black Meadow. Grimda understood this as the will of Wael and was pleased.|