We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Pallegina, a godlike Paladin.|
42 (+14 per level)
Description[edit | edit source]
|“||Paladins are martial zealots, devoted to a god, a ruler, or even a way of life. They can be found in any culture where a fanatical group of like-minded individuals have formed a warrior society dedicated to advancing their cause. Among those aligned to their worldview, paladins are viewed with respect and admiration, if a bit of fear. Many paladins hold leadership positions in armies and mercenary companies, but in the heat of battle their fanaticism often overrules the chain of command - and common sense.||”|
Background[edit | edit source]
Paladins are extremely devoted, often fanatical, soldiers who have pledged themselves to a chosen cause, combining the zeal of a priest with the ascetic discipline of a monk. They have founded many elite fighting forces, from the original Darcozzi Paladini, a two thousand year-old order of palace guards, to the fledgling Fellows of St. Waidwen Martyr, zealous defenders of the Godhammer pilgrim trail. Often found at the vanguard of many conflicts, paladins are natural leaders and have the ability to quickly assist their allies with targeted commands. A paladin's commands can stave off impending death, overcome fatigue, or hasten the charge to close breached defenses. And though they are not always pledged to the service of a god or gods, paladins are so singularly focused on their chosen cause that their souls are continually creating a wellspring of spiritual energy from which they can blast groups of foes in their immediate vicinity. Despite their often stoic presence and explosive combat style, paladins work best alongside allies. When isolated, they can be vulnerable, especially against singular powerful foes.
Orders[edit | edit source]
When players make a paladin, they select an order. Each choice highlights two types of behavior that are celebrated and two types of behavior that are condemned by the given order. Acting in accordance to their order's preferred behavior will gradually increase the power of Faith and Conviction, while acting in a disfavored manner will cause the power of Faith and Conviction to diminish.
These changes are not dramatic, but reflect a measure of dissonance between the character's stated order and how they choose to conduct themselves. As of 1.05, this only affects Paladins created as the main character.
Faith and Conviction gains a bonus of +1 Deflection, +2 Fortitude, +2 Reflex and +2 Will per rank in any favored disposition. Conversely, they receive -1 Deflection, -2 Fortitude, -2 Reflex and -2 Will per rank in any disfavored disposition.
Either way, a Paladin is only affected by ranks up to rank 3; further ranks do not contribute, meaning that the maximum attainable bonus to Faith and Conviction from dispositions alone is +6 Deflection, +12 Fortitude, +12 Reflex, and +12 Will. Having the Untroubled Faith talent removes penalties from disfavored dispositions.
Playable Paladin Orders:
|Order||Favored behavior||Disfavored behavior|
|1st disposition||2nd disposition||1st disposition||2nd disposition|
|The Shieldbearers of St. Elcga||Diplomatic||Honest||Aggressive||Cruel|
Attributes[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Select one ability on each odd level.
Paladins powers are fueled by his wellspring of spiritual energy, brought through their strength and devotion to their chosen cause (not necessarily religiously-affiliated). They can enhance these abilities with modal auras, abilities which they can switch at will, such as single-target "commands" (buffs), passive buffs they grant to allies  and limited healing ability.
- Unique ability types
- Zealous auras – modal buffs that affect all allies within 4 meters.
- Exhortations – single target buffs.
|Image||Ability Name||Description||Automatically learned on Level||Learnable on Level|
|Faith and Conviction||Paladins have an inherent bonus to all defenses.||1|
|Flames of Devotion||The paladin's next melee attack inflicts a large amount of additional burn damage if it hits. This ability hits with both equipped weapons if dual-wielding.|
|Lay on Hands||heals endurance of a single ally.|
|Zealous Focus||All allies standing within 4m (including the paladin) receive +6 Accuracy, +15% of Grazes converted to Hits.|
|Zealous Charge||The paladin and all allies within 4m have their movement speed increased by 2, +15 Defense when Disengaging.|
|Zealous Endurance||The paladin and all allies within 4m increases their Damage Reduction by 3, +15% of incoming Hits converted to Grazes.|
|Inspiring Triumph||Allies within 5m gain a temporary bonus to all defenses when the paladin downs an enemy.|
|Liberating Exhortation||The paladin can command an ally to temporarily ignore existing Hostile effects for a short duration. The effects are suspended; they do not lose any of their duration and will resume as soon as Shake It Off expires.|
|Sworn Enemy||Paladins gain Accuracy and damage bonus against one targeted enemy.|
|Deprive the Unworthy||The paladin temporarily snuffs out all active benefical effects on a single foe. The effects resume once Deprive the Unworthy ends.|
|Reviving Exhortation||Paladins can command an unconscious ally to awaken and get back up with an immediate spike in Endurance, though the target will lose half of the regained Endurance after a short duration.|
|Aegis of Loyalty [WM2]||Confused, Charmed, and Dominated characters have severe Accuracy penalties when attacking the paladin. Additionally, the paladin's attacks against such characters do minimal damage and always end the effect.|
|Coordinated Attacks||The ally closest to the paladin attacking the same target as the paladin has a +10 bonus to Accuracy.|
|Reinforcing Exhortation||Commands an ally to redouble their efforts, improving their Deflection by 25 for 20 seconds.|
|Righteous Soul||Increases the Paladin's defenses against poison, disease, charmed, dominated, frightened and terrified effects.|
|Hastening Exhortation||Inspires urgency in one of the paladin's allies, increasing his or her Attack Speed.|
|Healing Chain [WM1]||The paladin targets a single ally for healing, but the effect continues to jump between allies up to six times (including the initial heal).|
|Sacred Immolation [WM1]||The paladin focuses his or her faith and self-immolates in blue flame. Each time the ability pulses, the paladin takes a small amount of Raw Damage, but enemies in the area take Burn Damage. Allies receive a small amount of Endurance.|
|Abjuration [WM2]||Through force of will, the paladin can destroy any spirit or summoned creature lower than the paladin's level. Spirits equal to or greater than the paladin's level take Raw Damage.|
Cut Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Zealous Barrage (Modal) – The paladin and all allies standing within 3m have their attack and ability speed increased.
Talents[edit | edit source]
- Critical Focus - Grants allies affected by a paladin's Zealous Focus a 5% Hit to Crit conversion rate.
- Deep Faith - The intensity of the paladin's faith deepens, granting them increased defensive bonuses to Faith and Conviction.
- Greater Lay on Hands - increases the healing of Lay on Hands.
- Intense Flames - Increases damage of Flames of Devotion.
- Untroubled Faith - negates negative Disposition effects on Faith and Conviction.
The following talents are available only to members of specific Paladin orders.
- The Black Path - When the paladin defeats an opponent, nearby enemies are Frightened
- Remember Rakhan Field - The paladin's Flames of Devotion does additional Corrode damage.
- Inspiring Liberation - Whenever the paladin uses Liberating Exhortation on an ally, the ally gains an Accuracy bonus.
- Fires of Darcozzi Palace - Whenever the paladin uses Flames of Devotion, he or she gains a weak form of Flame Shield.
Frermàs mes Canc Suolias (Pallegina only)
- Vielo Vidòrio - When the paladin uses Flames of Devotion, nearby allies gain increased Attack Speed.
- Wrath of Five Suns - Whenever the paladin uses Sworn Enemy, five orbs of flame leap from his or her hand and fly toward the target.
- Enduring Flames - The paladin's Flames of Devotion leave behind a Burn DoT.
- Bond of Duty - Whenever the paladin uses Liberating Exhortation on an ally, the ally gains a large defensive bonus against Charmed, Confused, and Dominated.
- Strange Mercy - When the paladin defeats an opponent, nearby allies gain Endurance.
- The Sword and the Shepherd - The paladin's Flames of Devotion restores Endurance to nearby allies.
- Shielding Flames - The paladin's Flames of Devotion grants a temporary Deflection bonus to nearby allies.
- Shielding Touch - Whenever the paladin uses Lay on Hands on an ally, the ally gains a Deflection Bonus.
Related Items[edit | edit source]
Notable NPCs[edit | edit source]
1 Minute Guide[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A paladin in breastplate.
- Update #18: George Ziets, Paladins, Add-Ons, Rewards, and More!
- Update #78: The Leaders of the Band: Chanters and Priests
- Forum post by Josh Sawyer
- Forum post by Josh Sawyer
- Josh Sawyer on formspring
- Update #39: Non-Core Classes, Cooldowns, Attack Resolution, Damage vs. Armor and a Tileset!
- Forum post by Josh Sawyer
- Forum post by Josh Sawyer