Deadfire - Northwest
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Disable the machine
Leave the machine operating
A Matter of Import
Clearing Out Crookspur
Fleet Master Okaya has asked the Watcher to discover the source of a magical disturbance causing the coral in Sayuka's port to grow out of control.
- This quest will begin on completion of A Matter of Import, after talking to Fleet Master Okaya. She will ask you to pay a visit to the recently-arrived Iverra at the workshop on Sayuka to find out what they've learned.
- Upon entering the workshop, Iverra is in conversation with one of the Coralmason. They've determined that the wild coral growths are being caused by a source of magical disturbance that lies somewhere in the deep sea to the southeast of the island, the location of Cignath Mór, an old drowned Engwithan ruin. Iverra hands you her masterpiece, a set of Diving Equipment.
- Leave the workshop, and you'll immediately be thrown into a yet another problem Sayuka is facing: Bog Druids. This starts Hunting Season, though it is unrelated to this quest.
- Leave Sayuka and travel just southeast of the island to a new icon on the world map. Interact with it to dive down to the Engwithan ruin.
- Cignath Mór
- As you swim down to approach the ruins, you come to a magical barrier, which is holding back the water from consuming the area entirely. and creating a large pocket of breathable air surrounding the ruins.
- See the main article, Cignath Mór, for a walkthrough on this area. Once you get to the lower level (and after slaughtering a bunch of seafolk) you will find the adra machine, the cause of the coral growths. It is under the protection of Galawain, who explains that it is feeding the creatures in the area, strengthening them so that they become "..strong and ruthless - and in so doing, worthy of [his] regard." You can do one of two things:
- Disable the Engwithan machine that makes the corals grow. This will anger Galawain, who confronts you with a Kraken to fight on your way out of the structure. You can loot the unique helm Mask of the Grotto Deep and a Kraken's Eye off him. This result is preferred by the Fleet Master.
- Leave the machine operating and disable three pylons to flood the ruins. If you attempt to disable the machine first, Galawain promises you a boon for disabling the pylons instead. Once the ruins are flooded, you dive up to your ship; the watcher must pass a Mechanics 9 or Athletics 10 check to avoid injury. If Galawain promised a boon, the watcher gains Savage Cunning (+1 Perception, +2 Survival). upon returning to the surface. The Fleet Master is unhappy with this result, which leads to a moderate reputation loss with the Royal Deadfire Company. The reputation loss can be recouped by passing a diplomacy check.
- If Xoti is in your party, disabling the Engwithan machine will weaken your relationship with her (antireligious).
- Diving down to Cignath Mór
|10000||Fleet Master Okaya has asked me to discover the source of a magical disturbance causing the coral in Sayuka's port to grow out of control.|
|1||Speak to Iverra.|
|10001||Fleet Master Okaya told me to talk to Iverra, a Vailian scientist who might be able to help me get to the source of Sayuka's coral problem.
I can find her in the Royal Deadfire Company's workshop in Sayuka.
|5||Travel to the underwater ruins of Cignath Mór.|
|10005||Iverra believes the source of the coral's overgrowth is an Engwithan ruin, Cignath Mór. She gave me a diving helm so I might explore the ruin, which lies deep beneath the sea off the southern coast of Sayuka.|
|6||Travel to the underwater ruins of Cignath Mór.|
|10006||Head Engineer Hetu believes the source of the coral's overgrowth is an Engwithan ruin, Cignath Mór. He gave me a diving helm so I might explore the ruin, which lies deep beneath the sea off the southern coast of Sayuka.|
|7||Find the source of the magical growth.|
|10007||I've arrived at the ruins of Cignath Mór and discovered they're full of breathable air. I still need to find whatever is causing the coral to grow out of control and put an end to it.|
|20003||I found a small Engwithan machine, but I can't figure out what it does. Maybe something else in the ruins will shed some light on it.|
|20007||I found a large Engwithan machine humming with energy, but I've decided against touching anything for now.|
|8||Deal with the machine.|
|10008||I found the machine at the source of the coral's growth, but when I attempted to shut it down, Galawain intervened.
He asked that I leave the machine alone and instead deactivate the pylons that generate the shield protecting Cignath Mór from the sea.
|20000||I agreed to help Galawain, and he told me to deactivate three pylons somewhere in the ruin. Doing so should lower the barrier keeping the sea at bay.|
|20001||I disabled one of the pylons, which appears to have slightly weakened the protective barrier . Two remain.|
|20002||I disabled a second pylon, and the barrier has weakened considerably. One pylon remains.|
|20004||I disabled the machine responsible for the out of control coral growth. Galawain is not pleased.|
|9||Return to Fleet Master Okaya.|
|10009||Despite Galawain's request, I disabled the machine responsible for the coral's overgrowth.
I should return to Fleet Master Okaya and confirm the coral has returned to a manageable size.
|20006||As revenge for my defiance, Galawain sent a kraken to stop me from leaving the ruins, but I prevailed.|
|10||Return to Fleet Master Okaya.|
|10010||As Galawain requested, I destroyed the pylons inside Cignath Mór. Without the shield to protect it, the ruin was swallowed by the sea.
I should return to Fleet Master Okaya and give her the bad news.
|12||Return to Fleet Master Okaya.|
|10012||I shut down the pylons inside Cignath Mór, and the ruins were swallowed by the sea.
I should return to Fleet Master Okaya and find out if my efforts solved her coral problem.
|18||Speak to Head Engineer Hetu.|
|10018||Fleet Master Okaya told me to talk to Hetu, the head engineer in Sayuka. He might be able to help me get to the source of the coral problem.
I can find him in the Royal Deadfire Company's workshop in Sayuka with the rest of the engineers.
|30000||Fleet Master Okaya was well pleased by how I resolved the coral situation. She's ordered that Sayuka's port be reopened without delay.|
|30001||Fleet Master Okaya was incensed to learn the coral situation will remain unresolved, and she dismissed me with a token payment for my efforts. However, the blessing Galawain bestowed on me for doing his bidding will no doubt prove beneficial.|
|30002||Fleet Master Okaya was incensed to learn the coral situation remains unresolved, and she dismissed me with a token payment for my efforts.|
|30003||The Royal Deadfire Company have declared themselves against me. I suspect they'll no longer be receptive to my help with their coral problem.|