Pillars of Eternity
Noonfrost is the temple of Rymrgand with walls covered in ice and random spikes of ice decorating objects on the floor. Upon first entering the temple, players will not be allowed access past the locked doors.
Background[edit | edit source]
One of the oldest temples to Rymrgand, Noonfrost lay abandoned for years until a group of Glamfellen entered it around 2823 AI. They made a pilgrimage from the White that Wends to ostensibly take care of it, but their real goal lay in the Frost-Hewn Breach deep within it.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- As Vesgel states upon entry, most of the temple is off-limits to the Watcher, as the Glamfellen focus on their ritual to open the Frost-Hewn Breach. The accessible areas are the main hall in the center and the adjacent eastern portion. Venturing beyond the locked doors to the west, or the guarded/locked doors to the northeast will cause the pale elves to aggro. The stealth option involves sneaking through the temple. The patrol routes of guards are generally fixed and can be exploited with ease. The combat option involves murdering everything in your way.
- To the left of the entrance hall is a locked door leading to the western wing. It can be unlocked with a blue crystal key (found in a locked box on the altar in the eastern chamber), or with a Mechanics 8 check. Careful of the sorceress patrolling the room beyond.
- Rounding the corner, the chamber in the south-western corner of the map can be unlocked with Mechanics 2, where you can grab a white crystal key from the locked chest (a further Mechanics 5 check). The key unlocks the study to the north, though you can bypass it with Mechanics 5.
- The study is patrolled by another pale elf on the far side of the room. In the center is a trapped desk containing the Wend-Walker. A hidden switch (star on the floor) grants you access to the Frost-Hewn Breach.
- Rooms that contain items of interest include the locked sleeping chamber in the south-eastern corner, the study in the northwestern part, the locked room in the northeast with Alwah inside, and a study in the northeast, containing a silver key.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- One of the more ambitious design challenges in the game, Noonfrost also doubles as an homage to the Ice Castle in Icewind Dale 2.