Pillars of Eternity
Noonfrost is the temple of Rymrgand with walls covered in ice and random spikes of ice decorating objects on the floor. Upon first entering the temple, players will not be allowed access past the locked doors.
Background[edit | edit source]
One of the oldest temples to Rymrgand, Noonfrost lay abandoned for years until a group of Glamfellen entered it around 2823 AI. They made a pilgrimage from the White that Wends to ostensibly take care of it, but their real goal lay in the Frost-Hewn Breach deep within it.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- As Vesgel states upon entry, most of the temple is off-limits to the Watcher, as the Glamfellen focus on their ritual to open the Frost-Hewn Breach. The accessible areas are the main hall in the center and the adjacent eastern portion. Venturing beyond the locked doors (opened with the blue crystal key found in a locked box on the altar in the eastern chamber) will cause the pale elves to aggro.
- The stealth option involves sneaking through the temple. The south-western chamber has unguarded doors that can be opened. The patrol routes of guards are generally fixed and can be exploited with ease. To access the Frost-Hewn Breach with ease by sneaking, you need Mechanics 5 to bypass the locked door in the westernmost chamber, accessing the study (with a trapped desk containing the Wend-Walker), and then using the hidden switch (star on the floor) to access the Breach chamber).
- The combat option involves murdering everything in your way.
- Either way, you come into the Breach chamber with Glasvahl tending to the pane of ice.
- Rooms that contain items of interest include the locked sleeping chamber in the south-eastern corner, the study in the northwestern part, the locked room in the northeast with Alwah inside, and a study in the northeast, containing a silver key.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
- One of the more ambitious design challenges in the game, Noonfrost also doubles as an homage to the Ice Castle in Icewind Dale 2.