The White March - Part II
Background[edit | edit source]
This boggy expanse of wilderness is a stretch of incredibly fertile soil, filled with mushrooms and trees as far as the eye can see, overgrowing Engwithan ruins.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- You enter the bog from the northeast. Much of the quadrant is fairly peaceful, but if you stray from the roads, you are liable to run into groups of bog bats supported by lurkers and spores.
- Down south, near the eastern edge of the map, is Herla, a stranded dwarven merchant who starts the task Bogged Down. Her partner is in the south-east, trapped by a mushroom magic circle.
- The center of the map is dominated by a sinking Engwithan ruin, with some bog cultists near the entrance. Approach the uppermost level and you can interact with a part of the wall for a scripted interaction. You can get down by climbing, using a rope to help climbing, or jumping down. Failing unspecified status checks leads to an injury to one member of your group. This can be avoided at least if everyone has 5 or more Athletics and you use the rope, otherwise the member with lowest Athletics score is the one getting hurt. Afterwards you have access to a corpse that can be looted for Acuan Giamas (doing so will spawn some hostile spirits).
- Over the bridge near the leaning ancient tower in the northern part of the map is a large group of wild creatures, including a bog dweller supported by bats and oozes. Pilfer the body for Hunter's Mail and the crates to the north for a bog batling.
- The western part of the map is accessible along the southern edge of the map, right through a large cultist settlement. It's a long, arduous battle through very demanding enemies who prowl the area in large groups. Arcanist Badrwn is at the western edge of the camp, with a chest containing Badrwn's notes nearby, needed to solve Bogged Down.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Arcanist Badrwn: Named Bog Cultist Wizard whose notes (in a nearby crate) are required for the task Bogged Down.
- Herla: Unlucky trader and questgiver for Bogged Down, by the path east.
- Benno: Herla's less-than-virtuous trading partner, trapped in a magic circle in the southeast corner.
- Llengrath: Archmage, northwest clearing.
- Gafonercos and Turisulfus: Bog Dragons, northwest clearing.
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Bog Bats
- Bog Lurkers
- Bog Guardians
- Ancient Wraiths
- Wailing Shade
- Bog Cultists (Kith, Various)
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
- Acuan Giamas: In the sinking ruin.
- Hunter's Mail: On the dead body near the fountain to the northwest.
- Bog batling: In the sinking chest to the northwest.
Hidden stashes[edit | edit source]
- Fallen log in a pond in the south centre of the map. Contains minor loot.
- Unique Engwithan Morning star, Acuan Giamas, in the sinking ruin.
- Unique Mail, Hunter's Mail, on a corpse west of the ancient tower.
- Bog Batling in the ruined tower west of the ancient tower.
- Llengrath's Grimoire, for killing Llengrath, northwest clearing.
- Bog Dragon Scales - 2x or 4x depending on quest choices.