From Pillars of Eternity Wiki
- Leather, Wood, Bone.
- Copper – often used to bind souls and magical energy into items. Copper armor was often used by the Engwythans.
- Adra – is a grown, abalone shell-like material, often used to bind souls and magical energy into items. Engwithans used it both as structural elements and for binding purposes in their architecture. Often they would build things like traditional stone arches and grow adra in-between, using it like slow-growing mortar. As their buildings fall apart, it results in impossible-looking/gravity-defying ruins.
Steel[edit | edit source]
- Oromi steel – poor steel
- Glanfathan steel – poor steel
- Wyflan steel – is generally considered as "good" (normal) steel
- March steel – is generally considered as great steel. Emphasize better damage for weapons and better protection for armor.
- Ymyran steel – is generally considered as great steel. Makes weapons faster and armor lighter.
- Durgan steel – steel from the lost forges of Durgan's Battery, items with this steel are no longer made and are highly prized. It combines elements of both March and Ymyran Steel but not to the same extent, though it is generally considered better overall.
- Skein steel – equal to Durgan Steel in quality. Skein steel is made by controlling heat precisely, but it uses animancy to draw a soul’s memories out of a vessel (typically a living body) toward a copper surface, igniting the memories to produce the flame. The contraptions used to control this process allow the smith to adjust the speed of the unraveling and the heat of the flame. Because skein steel requires a steady, continuous flame, it specifically needs a living (preferably old) subject.