|This article or section is a stub. You can help the Pillars of Eternity Wiki by .|
|Pillars of Eternity Manual|
The manual for Pillars of Eternity is a short introduction and reference guide for the player.
It is no strategy guide: it does not deliver solutions for quests or tell locations of items. Instead it explains the game's installation, leads through the Character Creation, deals with the Controls, and heads then over to more detailed game mechanics, backgrounds and listings.
Release[edit | edit source]
A local copy is stored on this wiki.
Manual Errata[edit | edit source]
Current errata[edit | edit source]
- Damage Threshold is now called Damage Reduction.
- Miss/Graze/Hit/Crit ranges have changed.
- A Miss is any attack roll that is 15 or less. Does no damage and inflicts no [[|Status Effects|status effects]] or afflictions.
- A Graze is any attack roll that is between 16 and 50. Reduces damage and duration by 50%.
- A Hit is any attack roll that is between 50 and 100. Standard damage with standard duration.
- A Crit is any attack roll over 100. Damage is increased by 50%.
- Touch of Rot has been deprecated from the 1st level druid spell list and replaced with Nature's Vigor, which does regeneration (like Nature's Balm) and adds to Max Endurance.
- The 1st level druid spell Talon's Reach is now Foe-Only.
- Nature's Mark should read as "Enemies are outlined in pale green light, decreasing their Deflection and Reflex defenses."
- Rangers no longer share Health and Endurance with their animal companion. Instead, if a ranger or animal companion are knocked unconscious, the partner suffers from Bonded Grief, affecting Accuracy and other stats, until the downed ally is revived. If a ranger is ever killed, the animal companion immediately dies from grief.