Lord Darryn's Voulge
Description[edit | edit source]
|From the sea song "Lord Darryn's Lads," author unknown:
Well, the year I found myself first mate
We had a letter from Aedyr givin' plunderin' rights
We set sail headin' Dyrwood-bound
Lord Darryn called for ramming speed
We closed and crashed and leapt aboard
Lord Darryn with his voulge fought true
- Level 1
|Enemies crushed, we filled our hold|
With all our ill-gotten gold
Ere a fortnight passed we struck again
Lord Darryn brought the storms to heel
We were brave young fools and surely mad
- Level 2
|We sailed and fought for the kin|
All loyal brigands of the sea
We sailed through squalls and maelstroms
Blood and broke timber did abound
- Level 3
|It couldn't stand, he had to know|
Lord Darryn turned from friend to foe
We took our chance, we mutineers
He called lightning down upon our heads
Forgive me please my lover dear
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Can be scavenged from a shipwreck to the southeast of Neketaka Island, at the coordinates 37° 21' S, 55° 30' E.
Soulbound upgrades[edit | edit source]
|Base||Bind this item to unlock the next level.||Barbarian
|1||Deal 250 Shock Damage.||Barbarian
|2||Sail into a storm with your crew.||Barbarian||2,420||18-29|
|3||Deal 30 Critical Hits with the weapon.||Barbarian
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The description for Lord Darryn's Voulge bears resemblance to the lyrics in the song Barrett's Privateers by musician Stan Rogers, describing a fight between a Canadian privateer and an American (rebel) ship.
- "'Twus the spring of 2668" - "O the year was 1778".
- "We had a letter from Aedyr givin' plunderin' rights" - "A Letter of Marque came from the King".
- And of course the chorus: "Godsdamn them once and damn them twice Lord Darryn promised gold and glittering prizes" - "Goddamn them all, I was told, we'd cruise the seas for American gold".