Seeker, Slayer, Survivor
Background[edit | edit source]
The Kazuwari island is located in the western Deadfire and is considered a holy place to the worshipers of Galawain among the Huana. The island is subjugated to the will of the Faces of the Hunt, representing the aspects of Galawain and conflict endemic to all life. Although the Temple of Toamowhai is centuries old, it's constantly maintain by a legion of devoted followers and servants of the Faces, which were created when the centuries-long slaughter in the arena fed enough souls into the walls of the temple to allow them to emerge. However, a few months ago, the song spun by the spirits that make up the Faces changed, prompting Humaire to send Muātu out to seek out a Watcher - in a rather unorthodox fashion.
The reason is simple. While Kazuwari was always a major destination for upstarts and would-be heroes seeking to gain glory or relive old days, the challenges have grown increasingly unfair and the island hostile to life. While this is expected of Galawain, the challenges appear to be intended less as a test of mettle and more as a way to sate the growing bloodlust of the Faces. Gallons of blood spilt during the centuries aren't enough, not when they can get fresh blood of green challengers forced to go against seasoned, ancient monstrosities. The decision was made after Humaire obtained, through Engari, a fragment of the Watcher's battle with the Drake, which manifested an echo in the arena - which proved itself in battle, imppressively so.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- This island is vast and labyrinthine. The only safe access point is at the waterfall to the southeast, with a trail that leads inland through jungle passing through Rebūtara Pass.
- Temple of Toamowhai: Populated area and quest hub of Kazuwari, consisting of a large stone arena surrounded by a semicircle shaped construction.
- Rebūtara Pass: A small, but critical pass to the southeast of Kazuwari.
- Temple of Toamowhai.
- Whakupoko Lowveld: A dense forest where you seek an artifact related to the Slayer.
- Kōhatekana Expanse: An even denser forest where you seek an artifact related to the Seeker.
- Tiebe o Waiapu: A blasted expanse of sand and stone where you seek the Survivor's artifact.