Into the White Void
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Rymrgand showed the Watcher a vision of a gate - the Frost-Hewn Breach - and the pale elves trying to open it. In the vision, the elves crumbled into snow, and the Watcher sealed the gate with an ice crystal that they still had when the waking dream ended.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- You need to make your way to Noonfrost in Oldsong. Inside is a clan of Glamfellen (pale elves) who are trying to escape this world by entering the Frost-Hewn Breach. You need to make your way to the Frost-Hewn Breach either by sneaking or killing your way in and seal it with the shard you received from Rymrgand.
- Once you have reached the Frost-Hewn Breach, you'll meet Glasvahl. He will explain that he and his tribe are seeking oblivion by passing into the White Void, Rymrgand's domain. They seek it because they learned from a Watcher who passed through the White that Wends that every one of them had been reborn whole into the clan over centuries. Generations spanning back to the first days the Glamfellen set foot on the White that Wends. They desire to die, scattering their souls into the ether and attaining the mercy that Rymrgand is supposed to grant. That night, they all began Awakening. Experiencing fragments of our past lives - old hatreds, dead passions, tangled memories. It illuminated nothing but the realization that they are doomed to live a thousand pointless lives, never closer to Rymrgand's salvation. The pain is too much for them and they simply wish to die.
You have a few options:
- Allow them to leave this world by giving them the Glowing Ice Shard. In this case, you will not be able to seal the breach. Yields moderate negative reputation with The Fangs and major negative reputation with Twin Elms. When you return to Rymrgand, you will need Intellect 19, or have the Explorer, Merchant or Mystic background, to see a dialogue option that will please him and grant full experience for the quest (as well as his favour for Court of the Penitents). Otherwise, the quest fails and you will not receive the god's favor.
- Kill them. Seal the breach by placing the ice shard in the pedestal (not the door). Yields extraordinary positive reputation with The Fangs and major positive reputation with Twin Elms - the loot contains a bunch of exceptional equipment. When you return to Rymrgand, as long as you justify your actions, you receive full experience.
- Persuade them to return to their lands and seal the breach by stating that the will of the gods is unknowable - and perhaps they have a specific purpose in the grand scheme of things. To do this you will need to pass a Resolve 17 check. All the pale elves will leave the temple making it easier to loot. Yields major positive reputation with The Fangs and extraordinary positive reputation with Twin Elms. This way will reward you after reporting to Rymrgand 4374 exp total for this quest.
Journal[edit | edit source]
|0||Into the White Void|
|10000||Rymrgand showed me a vision of a gate - the Frost-Hewn Breach - and the pale elves trying to open it. In the vision, the elves crumbled into snow, and I sealed the gate with an ice crystal that I still had when the waking dream ended.|
|1||Find Noonfrost in Twin Elms.|
|10001||The Frost-Hewn Breach appeared to be part of a temple called Noonfrost. If I can find Rymrgand's place of worship in Twin Elms, I may also find the meaning behind the vision.
The locals must know something about this place.
|20000||Noonfrost lies in Oldsong. Apparently, it's frozen the lake there.|
|2||Locate the Frost-Hewn Breach in Noonfrost.|
|10002||I've found Noonfrost, Rymrgand's temple in Oldsong. The Frost-Hewn Breach must be here. When I find it, I can use the shard from the vision to close it according to Rymrgand's wishes.|
|3||Seal the Frost-Hewn Breach.|
|10003||Finally, I've found the Frost-Hewn Breach. Placing the shard in the frozen doorway will close it.|
|4||Return to Teir Evron in Elms' Reach.|
|10004||I've completed the task Rymrgand gave me. Now, I can return to Teir Evron to ask for his blessing.|
|5||Return to Teir Evron in Elms' Reach.|
|10005||I gave Glasvahl the shard, which allowed him to pass into the White Void. With the shard gone and the Frost-Hewn Breach still open, there's nowhere to go but back to Rymrgand.|
|30000||I closed the Frost-Hewn Breach in Noonfrost and prevented Glasvahl and his clan from passing through it. Rymrgand, Ondra, and Skaen were pleased and have promised to help me descend the pit to Sun in Shadow.|
|30001||I allowed Glasvahl and his clan to pass through the Frost-Hewn Breach, and I convinced Rymrgand that this also honors him. Rymrgand, Ondra, and Skaen vowed to help me descend the pit to Sun in Shadow.|
|30003||I allowed Glasvahl and his clan to pass through the Frost-Hewn Breach. Rymrgand was displeased and has refused to aid me - I'll have to seek the help of another god.|