|Biography and appearance|
|Game||Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire|
|Location||The Dark Cupboard|
|Quests||The Archmage's Vault|
Ifren is a character in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
Background[edit | edit source]
|The puppet in the box cocks his head to the side and stares at you with a vacant expression.
He taps the metal coin slot expectantly.
Ifren is a fortune telling machine, once-kith, who got on Arkemyr's bad side when he and an orlan partner attempted to break in to Arkemyr's Manor. He now lives in debt of Arkemyr at The Dark Cupboard, telling vague fortunes to customers.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
|This character is involved in quests.|
|This character has other interactions.|
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Archmage's Vault: For 500 (and an hour of your time), or with Intimidate 4/Bluff 4, Ifren will tell you about the tunnel leading from the Luminous Bathhouse to Arkemyr's Manor, as he once broke into the manor using those tunnels.
Other interactions[edit | edit source]
- If you insult him after he tells you about the break-in, he'll throw coins at you, and you'll receive an injury (Concussion). You'll be unable to interact with Ifren after this.
- Ifren will tell your fortune for one pire:
- "I see a fork in the road. There's a statue of a... human. Someone in robes. Take the left fork. If you go right, it could get ugly. Don't ask me why."
- "I see a... house. Four walls, a ceiling, a floor. All wood. If you sleep there four nights straight, your one true love will pass by in the street. Be quick before the bard in red steals her away."
- "I see... an island. Its shores are pitted, wreathed in fire, but you are bound to go there. Someone awaits you. A man, I think. An old friend."
- "I see a woman with... black hair. No, red hair. Very dark red. Or maybe it really is black. She'll want you to recover her... wedding ring. When she pays you, be careful - there's a scorpion hidden in her coin purse. I know not why."
- "I see a... bucket. No, a ship! You're going to embark on a journey very soon... or have you already? If you encounter a man in... a hat, you must be careful not to speak to him. The consequences are too dire."