Her Last Request
|Her Last Request|
|Outcomes & Rewards|
Cremate her body
Give it to the priest
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
You found a spirit, Muhai, in one of the estates in Serpent's Crown. She was left to die alone, and refused to pass into the Wheel. She wants to be cremated in the Temple of Magran at the Sacred Stair, before she accepts her fate.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Simple enough. Pick up Muhai's remains in the bedroom, then take them to The Sacred Stair and Magran's temple there. Talk to High Priest Hati to learn the truth: Muhai died alone because she went against the customs of Huana and deliberately misdirected a hunting party from a tribe that was once the enemy of her own. As all tribes united under Queen Onekaza's rule are considered Kahanga, this was effectively murder of a kinsman.
- You can use Diplomacy 5 to argue that bad directions are not the same as murder, Resolve 15 to suggest that the tribes should be fighting their own battles instead of depending on the queen (Aggressive), or Insight 4 to point out that it was a political decision. You can also appeal to his better side, using your own knowledge of doctrine as a Magranite priest.
- Either way, he will not budge and you'll have to go through him. If you have a good reputation with the Huana (+2) he will allow you to burn the body without rites, otherwise the only remaining options are to either threaten him to get out of the way, or sneakily dump the body in the fire (resulting in Minor Negative reputation loss with Huana). Burning the body in Magran's fire pleases the spirit.
- Alternatively, you can turn her body over to the high priest so he may bury it beyond the city walls. This will gain you Moderate Positive reputation with Huana, but the spirit will take it very poorly.
- The reward from the spirit is hidden by the third pillar from the left on the same stairs you find the priest. The reward is revealed only if the body was cremated.