The Gréf's Rest
|The Gréf's Rest|
The White March - Part I
The Gréf's Rest is the only inn and tavern in Stalwart.
Background[edit | edit source]
A legacy left behind by the Aedyr Empire, the Rest was the finest (and only) inn in the entire village when the mines were founded. After the Empire pulled out of the Eastern Reach in the wake of the War of Defiance, it remains largely unchanged in its role, except with a dwindling population of patrons as they abandon Stalwart for better prospects.
Points of interest[edit | edit source]
- Ground floor
- The tavern is divided into two floors. The main area contains the fire pit, counter, and tables for the patrons. Haeferic, the owner, mans the counter. Keydy works by the kitchens, while Byrhtwen and Andred are having a knife throwing contest (see Andred's page for details). The stairs to the cellar are near the bar.
- The rear area contains three rooms available to the inn's patrons, with Owynna sweeping the rooms.
- This large room contains the inn's stores of food and drink. Teanleycg tends to the craps table with a number of patrons shadowing his every step. The chest in the upper-right corner contains the prized store of rare spirits that Reyfald craves and is surrounded by three traps, with a fourth on the container. Tean bets ten pands you trip it.
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Haeferic: Owner, Innkeeper and merchant. For a room simply ask him.
- Ailef: A Raedceran runaway slave hiding in Gréf's Rest.
- Andred and Byrhtwen: A pair having a knife-throwing contest.
- Feara: The only survivor of a failed relic hunter expedition, drowning her cares.
- Kern, a dwarf down on his luck, appears during White March Part II.
- Keydy: If she's saved from the burning house, she will appear here as one of the servants.
- Nesta, a businesswoman from Defiance Bay, appears also during White March Part II.
- Owynna: A servant girl.
- Teanleycg : A dice gambler in the basement.
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
Main Quest[edit | edit source]
Side Quests[edit | edit source]
Tasks[edit | edit source]
Rooms[edit | edit source]
||1 rest||50 cp|
|Silver Catfish||1 rest||100 cp|
|Golden Whale||1 rest||150 cp|
Notable loot[edit | edit source]
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
- 3x Fruit
Basement[edit | edit source]
- 2x Grain
- 2x Sugar
Hidden Compartment: [Hidden stash next to the chest]
- 2x Rice
Music[edit | edit source]
The tavern features a bard singing a folk song with the following lyrics:
|“||The sea beheld her love
Shinning bright from on high
She bade him come down
From his palace in the sky
Her love could not be swayed
So she took a piece into her heart
And all who saw her grief that day
Sleep in her bosom still
Mini-Games[edit | edit source]
There are three NPCs in the tavern whom you can join for a game of chance to win or lose some money:
- Andred and Byrhtwen in the corner of the main floor, playing Orlan's Head.
- Teanleycg in the basement, playing dice.